General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA... February

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 26 Jan 2013 21:48

Just wondering......
is anyone planning on going to WDYTYA in February??

Karen

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2013 09:30

Not this year - Last year La Gooner was fortunate enough to be given 2 tickets by Ron the Printer so we went together. It was a great day out and so easy to spend lots of money if you were so inclined!

Last year Ancestry were offering a 25% if you wanted to sign up or renew (and a free calico shopping bag). The discount would have covered the cost of the ticket if you took up their offer.

If anyone is going, take a packed lunch to save money. Enjoy the day, and hopefully get lots of tips. We'll be back next year ;-)

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 27 Jan 2013 15:01

I haven't been for a few years, but decided to go this year as i will be in the UK. Yes, I agree, very easy to spend lots of money, but such a great Show :-)

Doesn't look like many GR folk are going :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jan 2013 16:33

I second what DET said. We had a great day and some of the parish CD's I got have proved very helpful in my research. I too could have spent a fortune given a chance.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Feb 2013 22:00

nudging,

Anyone going on Saturday??

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:31

I was going to go Saturday Karen, but had something else on, which has since be cancelled :-( There is a very slight possibility, I will go, but doubt it. Are you going with Sue?

One day we will meet :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Feb 2013 22:36

I'm going with Sue, yes :-D Hope to see you if you go.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:43

Watch her won't you Karen, she likes a drink does Sue, often had to carry her to the station when we all meet up :-D :-D :-D :-D

Will let you know if I do go :-D

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 18 Feb 2013 22:45

Who are you calling a lush, Lynda!! I'll have you know that my hip flask contains only orange juice,lol. :-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:48

Oh blimey, didn't know you were about Sue :-D :-D

It's what you add to the orange juice that's the problem Sue, you really must cut back on the vodka :-D

Haven't seen you for ages, we must have a get together with the rough lot soon eh?

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 18 Feb 2013 22:52

That would be good. Hope you are keeping well, I follow your adventures with the two other Musketeers. See that M is nearer to drawing her old age pension then, lol ;-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:59

She's looking much older than me now Sue :-0 and well him, say no more ;-)

Once the weather gets better we'll have a meet up with all the others, always have a great time meeting up with you all:-D