General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

De clutter,,,,,,,slowly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jan 2013 19:33

Being stuck indors all this time made me realise

I got too much stuff ,
So at the weekend I sold 3 crystal vases
And today I sold the silver cross dolls pram :-(
Didn't want to sell the pram. But took up space in my bedroom
And littleun didn't want it anymore,

An at least this time

I get the money for it :-D

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 28 Jan 2013 19:48

Good for you Gwen...made me realise I have to get myself sorted and make a start!
Did you advertise them locally?You're doing well! X x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Jan 2013 19:59

Evening Dizzi Dumplin

I am such a hoarder.

I have my coach built Marmet pram in the spare room taking up too much space.

Although i can't bare to part with it........nobody in the family wants it... so i really must get my head around parting with it.

Booo hoooo!!

:-(

kandj

kandj Report 28 Jan 2013 20:16

Dizzi, can you come and clear my family history clutter please..... pretty please. x

Wend

Wend Report 28 Jan 2013 20:23

I agree, it's so sad isn't? A Marmet pram Prickles, how lovely, and, Dizz, a Silver Cross doll's pram sold :-(

I've been saving stuff for my kids in the loft for years, but they're not interested - they just want the latest of everything :-|

I was always so grateful for things my m-i-l handed down to me :-(

Big clearout soon and charity shop - I'm sure someone will appreciate them :-P

At least the grandchildren enjoy the 'vintage' toys I've saved :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Jan 2013 05:25

Well you all know what a hoarder I am - my son is having kittens thinking I might leave all the stuff to him. I have to do some sorting out soon but will have to wait till I find the energy, at the mo I just want to hibernate, the weather is cold, wet and miserable, at least when we had snow everything looked bright!

It is different as you say Wend, the young people think nothing of chucking something if it is a bit out of date or stops working, they don't consider trying to get things fixed. My son went on and on about not having time to wash up when he was working, so I got him a dishwasher when my friend remodelled her kitchen and had a new one free. I paid her for the old one and took it round to son, having asked first if he wanted it. It took him over six months to install it as he wouldn't let me get the chap I know in to do it, and then after a short time he said he thought it leaked so he doesn't use it! I got him a new toaster Christmas 2011, he said he liked it and I told him if it wasn't what he wanted style wise, to let me know so I could get a refund. 11 months later he mentions that it doesn't hold enough slices at a time, it was supposed to be 4 slicer. Why the heck didn't he say so at the time? Grrr!

I too saved lots of things for him, but he says he doesn't want or need them. I was always grateful for things handed down to me or passed on.

Good luck with the clearing out Gwen and others, I will try to get motivated too.

Lizx

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 29 Jan 2013 10:53

I am such a hoarder too. Just wish I could be really ruthless and have a good old chuck out. my mum was a hoader too so I blame her lol. will do it one day soon, perhaps. :-) :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Jan 2013 11:34

i am decluttering
all the butlers junk oppps i mean treasure
its been stored in the garage

filed neatly under F
F for flipping lost ;-) ;-)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 29 Jan 2013 12:24

If/when building starts I think I might need a fleet of skips, over 40 years of 'stuff' in this house, 2 garages & the back shed.

Ron2

Ron2 Report 29 Jan 2013 19:45

For those of you with lots of 'junk' to get rid of why not do a car boot? About 20 years ago we had bit of a clear out, son sorted some of his stuff and off he went to car boot and ended up £120 in profit

Island

Island Report 31 Jan 2013 13:34

I didn' know you had a marmet Prickles :-)

Oh sorry.......I was thinking little monkeys ;-) :-D :-D