General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I thought the Whitehall Theatre Farces had ended

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 1 Feb 2013 06:45

I thought the Whitehall Theatre Farces finished in the late 1960's, I was wrong, they are back.

The only change is they have moved down the road to Parliament where you can now watch the largest gathering of comedians ever assembled in one place :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 09:05

:-D :-D

There is a lot of theatre and tradition there. How many times does little Mr Speaker have to call for order?

I look at other Parliament type assemblies in other places and they have a round discussion chamber and are much quieter and more civilised. Even the House of Lords seems much more inclusive than Commons, a narrow debating chamber with Government on one side and Opposition on the other.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 1 Feb 2013 10:56

If Hitler was alive he would put his arm around Camron & say, that's my boy :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 11:25

for Onefoot in the grave

name: George Wotherspoon
baptism/christening date: 03 Jun 1759
baptism/christening place: , OLD MONKLAND, LANARK, SCOTLAND
father's name: Robert Wotherspoon
indexing project (batch) number: C11652-2
system origin: Scotland-VR
source film number: 1066602
reference number: 2:15MQB4W

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 11:27

could these be George's children?

George Wotherspoon
Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

spouseChristian BurrelchildRobert WotherspoonnameRobert WotherspoongenderMalebaptism/christening date09 Feb 1806baptism/christening place, OLD MONKLAND, LANARK, SCOTLANDbirth date19 Jan 1806father's nameGeorge Wotherspoonmother's nameChristian Burrelindexing project (batch) numberC11652-7system originScotland-VRsource film number1066602
George Wotherspoon

spouseChristian BurnetchildIsobell Wotherspoon
George Wotherspoon

spouseChristian BurnetchildAnn Wotherspoon
George Wotherspoon

spouseChristian BurnetchildAnn Wotherspoon

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 1 Feb 2013 14:46

AnnCardiff, trust you are well, I did not expect to see that reply on this post :-)

I already have the details for George Wotherspoon and Christian Burnet and all of their nine children.

What I am missing and I have sort of hit a brick wall with is, who was the wife of his father Robert Wotherspoon, and who were the bothers and sisters of George Wotherspoon.

I was informed by Register House in Edinburgh that Robert was his father and the date George was born, finding out more may not be possible as they also advised me that even though the relevant records for the area go back to the seventeenth century in there coverage, there are gaps in the records between the years 1742 and 1789.

However, I did find this, and the father and mother of Matthew could well be the parents of George:-

12/03/1767 WOTHERSPOON MATTHEW ROBERT WOTHERSPOON/ CHRISTIAN MCLEARAN FR102 (FR102) M OLD MONKLAND OR COATBRIDGE /LANARK 652/00 0010 0092

Thanks for trying,

Best Wishes,

James

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 14:49

have you tried the free Mormon website - www.familysearch.org

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 1 Feb 2013 14:59

Hi Ann,

Yes I use that site, and I have also joined the Lanarkshire Family History Society and I have posted the query on there.

James