General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

young males who go missing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 2 Feb 2013 01:34

the number of young men, who go missing in and around the manchester area. all making thier way home alone. end up being found in water when they are close to home. i think something odd is going on. comments welcome.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 2 Feb 2013 02:50

Sorry Jean, don't know the area at all.

Sue

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 06:48

there was a series of young adults males hanging themselves
round here the only thing they had in common was
they went the same school :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Feb 2013 07:27

It happens a lot round this way too, I got very involved when a young man who was at Uni here, but from Shrewsbury, drowned in the river near the new nightclub area and managed with the help of his parents to push the council into providing special lighting at the edges of the river walkway, so that if anyone else went in, they would be able to see where the escape ladders were. Paul couldn't find them and it was so cold he drowned. That was on February 6th, 2003, in the early hours after he had been drinking at the bars with a friend and they became separated,

I have just nudged up a thread I put up a while back about the self same subject, while young people drink to excess there will always be this sad ending to nights out.

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Feb 2013 09:20

Yes it happens round here too, a combination of late night drinking and deciding to walk home along the canal paths.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Feb 2013 10:03

There are still several lads in East Anglia who are unaccounted for, years after going missing after nights out. It must be terrible to have to live with the knowledge that your son (seems mainly lads) is laying somewhere unfound and you may never know and be able to lay him to rest properly.

I sent a card off to Paul's parents as I always do to say I remember, and also to send greetings to his Mum whose birthday is the day after he went missing. I expect he had already put a card in the post so she would have got it as she was mourning his death. They are such a lovely family, their daughter is married now, but not to the lad she was with when her brother died. His exgirlfriend is also married now but stays in touch with the family as her parents are close friends now as well. Ten years, it's a long time and I am glad the girl was able to move on, much as she loved Paul and was the last one to speak with him before he toppled into the water (they were speaking on the phone)

Lizx

Jean

Jean Report 3 Feb 2013 01:09

it is so sad, i cant imagine what the relatives go through. another young man has been found today. they will never know if the deaths are accidental or otherwise. a local young mans remains were found last year after being missing for 9yrs. it baffles me that they are so close to home, then found in water after a night out.