General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer HELP/ UPDATE

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 2 Feb 2013 23:04

this may sound like a stupid question but are you actually running Windows 7?

ann

ann Report 2 Feb 2013 22:57

I dont know anything.I had a very bad virus on it about 14 months ago.The screen all blue with red writing saying Warning.I looked up someone in the paper who took my laptop and cleared the virus and put on another anti virus.Never had any trouble until last night?

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 2 Feb 2013 22:52

G, are you getting any other problems?
This error can be quite serious, but only in conjunction with other 'happenings'.
Couple of questions:

Can you confirm the copy of Windows 7 you are using is genuine? * (i.e. was preloaded on your computer)
Do you use Norton as security?

Rgds,
Mr D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 2 Feb 2013 22:49

it is possible that you have a pirate copy of Windows - difficult to say more based on what you have said

ann

ann Report 2 Feb 2013 22:44

Thanks i will google it x

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 2 Feb 2013 22:43

googled it ... you will need to read it

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 2 Feb 2013 22:42

Was Windows 7 installed when you got your computer, as it sounds as if you may not have got the full one just a trial.

You could try asking Errol he could advise you better.

ann

ann Report 2 Feb 2013 22:39

Last night i got a pop up that said "Windows 7" Build 7601 Then it says "This copy of windows is not genuine" ??I have done a full scan that took a few hours and only i item found and deleted.Even after this i am still getting this message.Anyone else had this?

Laptop proved useless after trying to get back to factory settings.Thought i might have had a virus?.Bought a new laptop tonight and told the salesman about my old lappy.He thinks something illegal was done on it.Norton anti virus is now on this one. Windows 8 and different again from windows 7