General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

February

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Feb 2013 15:21

February is my least favourite month. Thank goodness it is a short one. It has been raining here all day. My son who was working last night said that the rain began about 10.00pm last night. He works on signalling for the railway so he was out in it.
Does anyone else hate February?

Sheila

Potty

Potty Report 10 Feb 2013 15:25

Yes, I do! Roll and March and Spring!

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Feb 2013 15:39

I hate February and can't wait for it to be over. My birthday is in Feb. and as a child I was invariably ill on my birthday - measles, chicken pox etc. all attacked me in February.

One year I met a large farm vehicle on a narrow country lane and my car ended up in the ditch. Another year an unexpected snow storm left me stranded in Birmingham overnight. Which month was this? February of course!

Added to that it is a month of sad memories for me. Both my parents and a much loved aunt and uncle have all died in February.

Roll on March!

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 10 Feb 2013 15:41

Oh Sheila its not that bad
I can see my daffs and snowdrops up. All the buds on my bushes to cheer me up.

My son and my best friend both enjoy their birthdays on the same day
And Spring is just around the corner
Much prefer Feb rather than November. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Feb 2013 16:02

Not keen on January or February but at least we are looking towards spring (and even maybe summer :-D) instead of winter.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Feb 2013 23:30

Yes, I hate February, January and December more and more as I get older.

March 1st (which is St Davids Day in Wales :-D) always signals the end of winter woes for me. Nights getting lighter, clocks going back in a few weeks, Spring on horizon, weather not looking too horrible this week.

Nearly March now. We'll make it :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Feb 2013 23:33

only six weeks next Saturday to altering the clocks :-D :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 10 Feb 2013 23:41

I like "this" February!
Was my Birthday yesterday, I got an iphone and taken out for a nice family meal. Woke up to heavy snow fall this morning, and then spent a lovely afternoon at a posh place having a massage and a facial!
No, this wasn't a Birthday gift.... It was my Christmas one!
I get to use the Birthday gift in October.... tickets for Fleetwood Mac.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Feb 2013 23:54

well who's a happy bunny then :-D :-D

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Feb 2013 09:43

Yesterday's rain just turned to snow and it is still fluttering down and the sky looks very grey.

Paula+

Paula+ Report 11 Feb 2013 10:02

I don't mind February, I just HATE HATE HATE the snow :-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2013 10:12

I absoutely love the snow - still get excited when it snows :-D :-D

Mum told me that when I first saw snow I called to her "Come quickly Mummy, there's all white feathers coming down" Sweet eh :-D :-D :-D

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Feb 2013 11:22

It must be my age,I used to love snow but now I am not so keen.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Feb 2013 22:23

Only 17 days to go now. :-) Wasn't weather today typical February? Dank, overcast, gloomy. :-( :-(

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 11 Feb 2013 22:27

17 days until March... guess what?
I was married in March 1985 and it snowed that day too! ( day after St David's Day)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Feb 2013 22:39

Many good wishes for 2nd March, Anne. :-D

I am sure I remember watching professional tennis in early June about 1963/4 at Worcester (Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall, Alex Olmeda and my favourite Pancho Gonzales). And it snowed!!! The afternoon was over 20C with glorious sunshine.:-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2013 22:48

I was married March - Easter Day - cold and windy but very sunny - 1959

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 11 Feb 2013 23:23

Thanks John,
2 March 1985 was Five Nations Rugby at Murrayfield. Scotland V Wales.
After a Wales win, my wedding reception was infiltrated by a group of visiting Welsh supporters.
The next day we shared the entire Glasgow -London train with the rest of the Welsh nation.... they were all great fun and made our day extremely memorable!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Feb 2013 23:47

Anne. Sounds like a wonderfully happy train on way back from Scotland.

AnnC. Over 50 years ago. Yet I expect you still remember every minute. We got married at end of June and had reception up on the Denbigh Moors. And so windy, but photos still looked good. And it was a lovely day to remember for ever :-D

GinN

GinN Report 12 Feb 2013 21:15

Don't mind February, or any other month. Nice, or nasty, things can happen at any time of the year.
It's our wedding anniversary on the 17th, so it's a good month for me <3 :-D