General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nasty Shopkeepers/Assistants/People

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2013 16:15

it was a maxi fake short fur multicoloured hooded with white fake fur trim patchwork :-D

The price of it would have paid 2 months rent and I wish I had it now :-D

( please note that I said FAKE fur :-D)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 12 Feb 2013 16:11

Susanwiv.....what colour was the coat? I like to know the fine details! :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2013 16:07

MBES

I hurt my hand when I slapped the money on the counter :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2013 16:03

LOL BC Just like her, but not with the 'rich' ending!

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 12 Feb 2013 16:02

My Daughter has a reply to assistants like that.......

I more than likely earn more in a day than you do in a month.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 12 Feb 2013 16:01

*sighs....it sounds just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman :-D <3

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2013 15:57

A person I have just got to know, where I live, was telling me about a time when she went shoe shopping in an elite shoe shop. The shoes were quite expensive but she liked them and was going to get a bag that matched. The assistant said to her " Are you sure you can afford it?" .......What a cheek! She was devastated, being a rather timid person who had decided to do something about her appearance to give herself more confidence.

It reminded me of the time years ago when I was a young mother. I saw a coat I wasn't sure I could really justify the exorbitant price. While I was pondering the assistant said to me the same words ......"Are you sure you can afford it?"..........Red rag to a bull.......I told her to wrap it and I would be back....which she didn't until I returned from the bank with the cash......You should have seen her face when I returned with the money......couldn't be nicer.......Cheek!....

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2013 15:48

Hold on.....will get there in a minute :-D