General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Criminal ancestors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 21 Feb 2013 19:19

According to the daily mail FMP among others are now doing criminal records including photos from 1770. Has anyone seen or used this? Is it part of normal subs or do you pay extra?

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2013 19:27

Yes it is part of the normal subs, I could'nt find any photos...but then again I could'nt find a criminal ancestor :-(

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 21 Feb 2013 19:34

Thank you Jax. I have plenty of Criminal ancestors I will try and get on there tommorrow. Will be strange looking at photos though. My g g grandfather spent a lot of time in Stafford Gaol. I heard he was transported and kept in solitary confinement - be interesting to see if its true.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 21 Feb 2013 19:35

If you have a subscription, you can access these records, no other payment.

I have only done a random search for no one in particular, not seen any photos, but ive not looked for many.

I do find it painfully slow though.

George

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 21 Feb 2013 19:38

Thank George looks like I need to set aside a lot of time x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Feb 2013 19:42

I've just had a look, and an ancestor who I KNOW was in Aylesbury in 1851 isn't on there.

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 21 Feb 2013 19:44

Oh thats disappointing. I thought it was all criminal records from 1770 :(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Feb 2013 19:53

Maybe it's just the main prisons.....

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 21 Feb 2013 19:55

I would have thought Aylsbury was a main one.