General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAVE YER SEEN THE PRICE OF BEDDING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 25 Feb 2013 21:02

I dont think we have a Chistern Mills Stray im just going to check :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Feb 2013 20:46

Keep an eye on Lidl as they often have bedding and it looks quite good.

I could only buy proper flannalette sheets (we use one as a top sheet in winter, under duvet) in John Lewis', they wash up well but only had them in cream when I was there. M and S ones are only brushed cotton and they don't stay warm and fluffy for long. Market stalls too are great for linens. I have a hoard of stuff, (well I would, wouldn't I?) and brought back lots of cotton sheets from my Mum's too and have some of my own. We would go to Belfast Linens sale and stock up together lol, now I have her stock and mine.

Lizx

GinN

GinN Report 25 Feb 2013 20:46

The Range is great for bedding, got some lovely stylish duvet covers for the single beds in our spare room recently.
Dunelm Mill is great for curtains - bought large floor length double lined ones for £100 recently, great value! Would have cost more than double to have them made up.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 25 Feb 2013 20:21

chistern mills is good to if anyone has one of those,

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Feb 2013 20:08

Our local Dunhelm re-opened recently and I was surprised at the prices. I bought some duvet covers for my son's bed from Primark several years ago and they are still looking well

George

George Report 25 Feb 2013 20:08

Hard work :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

George
:-) :-) :-)

Wend

Wend Report 25 Feb 2013 20:03

I agree with Ann - I have enough to see me 'out'. Bit worried about the marital mattress (35 years old next week) - it's definitely showing signs of

What was I saying . . . . . forgotten :-D

Can anyone fill in the 'gap' or 'gaps' :-0 :-0 :-0

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 25 Feb 2013 19:56

wilkinsns currently have a sale on bedding, iv just been n bought some,

got a king size duvet for £12 and a valance for £8

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Feb 2013 15:46

Recently bought a king-size cream fitted sheet as an 'extra' in Sainsburys for less than £4 in their sale.
OK it's just ordinary, but the quality is fine.

Gwyn

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 25 Feb 2013 15:20

Hi all, went to dunelm last week and brought :

2 pillows
2 pillow cases
1 supersoft sheet
all for a superking size bed and it cost £74 :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Feb 2013 14:52

End of range bedding is often the way to get good bargains.

Debenhams in our nearby town used to have Dorma clearance bargains. I got all daughter's bedding for Uni. student room and also I fitted caravan out with suitable bedding too at reasonable prices, including the bargain flannelette sheets....Not everyone's choice, but so cosy at the caravan !

Supermarkets are other places for household bargains.
Recently Sainsbury's were selling lovely variety of coloured towels at super-reasonable prices.
OH bought a set to donate as a raffle prize at a day centre he goes to.
1 Bath towel
1 Hand towel
1 face flannel...............altogether less than £5

Gwyn

wisechild

wisechild Report 25 Feb 2013 14:35

Julia.
Think it´s probably only the large Primarks that have househol linen. I bought mine in Birmingham (lower ground floor) which is full of bedding, towels babywear etc. Mind you it´s been a few years now.
I used to go regularly to the Primark in Burton on Trent, but don´t remember seeing bedding there.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Feb 2013 14:23

i only buy white bedding for my bed and yes its very exspensive now

but as they say the only thing that ever goes down is a lift :-(

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 25 Feb 2013 14:20

I purchased k/s Egyptian cotton fitted sheets and some plain pillowcases last month. Believe it or not, I tried every store you could think of on internet and Homebase turned out to be the best value for the same count.

Julia

Julia Report 25 Feb 2013 14:00

Muffy, I think the powers that be at The Range, have not heard of Derbyshire, although we are the next county. In other words, we only have Dunelm.

AnnCardiff, I was hoping I would have enough. Maybe I should have stocked up, when I was not actually 'needing' any..

Mersey, I know what you mean about the market. I love them, and have even worked on one.

Wiseshild. I did not know that Primark sold bedding, and I was in there, last Wednesday.

Julia in Derbyshire

wisechild

wisechild Report 25 Feb 2013 13:38

Me too Ann.
I stocked up in Primark last time I was in England. The prices quoted by Julia are about 50% cheaper than in Menorca & the designs are fresh out of the 70s. Geometric patterns, garish, clashing colours etc. You would be guarenteed nightmares if you put them on the bed. They don´t seem to go in for plain & it´s almost impossible to buy a flat sheet, of any size.
I find it a bit odd when you consider that a lot of Primark stuff is made in Spain.

Mersey

Mersey Report 25 Feb 2013 13:36

I have a nice man I go to for all my bedding, lovley brands lovley prices have done for a few years now.....the perks of being brought up on market stalls ;)

I went to the Dunhelm sale a few weeks ago (very very disappointed) I walked out with nothing!! :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Feb 2013 13:32

fortunately I have enough to see me through till I pop my clogs :-D :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 25 Feb 2013 13:29

Dunelm have put their prices up something shocking lately I've found...I go to The Range now........nicer stuff cheaper.

Julia

Julia Report 25 Feb 2013 13:26

sheets, pillow slips, duvet covers, that is, just lately.
I was in Dunelm with the daughter on Saturday, and practically had to have a sniff of the Smelling Salts, when I saw the prices. Their own brand King Size, plain colour Duvet Cover was around £30 , and a Double Size Fitted Sheet was about £15. Mercey me. What prices.
So anything fancy will cost double that, and the top makers are charging about 3 times as much.
I find it so incredulous. Better start saving up.

Julia in Derbyshire