General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If you held a class....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 28 Feb 2013 09:40

What would you be able to teach?

We have a fantastic centre fairly near to me, where they hold all sorts of classes, including jive, singing, textiles, writing, French for babies, sewing for children, all sorts.

They are looking for more people to hold classes.

What life skill could you teach?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Feb 2013 09:44

Dressmaking, embroidery, knitting, crochet, lace making, patchwork, genealogy (done that), creative writing (done that as well).

But nothing kitchen related.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Feb 2013 09:46

Possibly Adult Literacy.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Feb 2013 09:53

I did that for a while when the boychild was a tiny person. You'd be really good at that, Julie.

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 28 Feb 2013 10:10

Music....
Used to teach children after school to play piano
Played for ballet classes.
Now teachings guitarist a lot of chords and arrangements as getting back into some jazz and bought an electric keyboard to practise...still love my piano best though .
Have been asked to play at a retirement home. Will go and see about that.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 28 Feb 2013 10:10

I once taught young adults on probation how to iron, they were riveted :-D

I'd like to have go at taking a class in......

Renovating furniture

A class for people who sit indoors, who think they have nothing to do, but have, to help them see there potential

How to have a day out in London for practically free

How to have a laugh

Good manners

That'll be enough to get going, I might apply to see if my courses would be welcomed by the masses :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Feb 2013 10:10

Calligraphy writing

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Feb 2013 10:55

Can't think of anything.

Paula+

Paula+ Report 28 Feb 2013 10:56

ears ago I ran a programme aimed at helping women to return to work. It lasted for eight weeks, and is probably the job I enjoyed best. It was so rewarding helping women who had not been in paid employment and did not recognise they had so many transferable skills, become more confident and assured. Over the period of the eight weeks I saw a significant change in attitude and their development . One of the underlying topics throughout the course was Assertiveness and I built this into every session. At the end of the programme I would see a totally different group of women go out into the working world. I met some fantastic women, all with a story to tell. I would love to go back and do it all again.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 28 Feb 2013 11:01

Am sitting here trying to think of a reply and just realised I have no talents! :-(

There's posh Mersey :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 28 Feb 2013 11:06

Brenda you really must do something about that :-D

Mersey, I once went to sign for night school for calligraphy, but it was full, perhaps you can teach me on here :-D

Sharron you have ooodles to offer :-)

Paula I think the best jobs are those that you see someone getting benefit from, so rewarding :-D

Ann there is probably something you do, that you take for granted, that others would benefit from being taught by you, keep thinking :-D

SheilaWestWilts

SheilaWestWilts Report 28 Feb 2013 11:07

101 things to do with a mango... :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 28 Feb 2013 11:09

Still thinking Linda! ;-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 28 Feb 2013 11:09

Come on then Sheila, teach us, we are all ears :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Feb 2013 11:19

i would teach PD and Enterprise ( done that before)

or first aid as i think first aid should be taught in every school :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Feb 2013 11:21

Cake Decorating, from buns to Gateaus including fresh cream .did that when i worked loved it ,but have arthritus now still do some for a treat Barbra x

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 28 Feb 2013 11:28

Basic skills in cooking on a limited budget

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 28 Feb 2013 11:48

I am a retired Naval Architect and mathematics was essential in my occupation. Therefore I would like to teach maths if I was given the opportunity.

GP

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Feb 2013 11:53

Well funny you should put this up.

Some years ago our local methodist man started to encourage the hang about street youths into the church,,,,,,,it went well,then he put a call out for weekly helpers....absolutly no religion involved,!

Some of us did volunteer skills in all manner of things from sewing,baking,motorbike repairs, mending cars the vicar did his bit there.

the teens loved it,,,,,,till a move got a new man who eat and breathed the bible and the teens all left,

on the whole a good thing was spoilt but some took steps into college......

Its great when you can make a difference and even greater when you can learn new stuff.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Feb 2013 12:12

common sense would be a good thing to teach
even some of the brightest pupils dont seem to have much of this

ie putting a plug or changing a fuse

one of my foster kids at 15 thought you washed lettuce with fairy liquid
and that you put chips in the chip pan
compleat with the water they were soaking in :-(