General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Funny Old Fortnight.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Mar 2013 20:00

Been missing for about 2 weeks, betcha never noticed!

First week I was poorly sick. Nothing too major, just a really bad cold, not flu, cos I could get out of bed, but generally snotty! :-(

The last week thought has been a bit of a killer. Three of my friends are really ill.

One is hanging on, and has just passed the six months that he was predicted, so that is good news.

The second was rushed to hospital and had emergency surgery. She is now back in the Land of the Living.

The third has unwittingly been ill for a number of months, and now only has weeks to live. Very sad.

All my friends are the same age as me. Getting on a bit admittedly but not quite decrepit.

I remember me dear old Mum looking in the local paper, in the Obituaries to see if anyone she knew had died. But she was in her eighties!

All these people have families, children and grandchildren, and need to live. How cruel is that?

Say a prayer for them.

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Mar 2013 20:08

So so sorry I didnt not read all the thread you have defintley been missed......Hayley mentioned it on a thread....

Edit :- Also **Ann** mentioned you too :)

Hugs for you <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 7 Mar 2013 20:18

Hello MG......yes we were saying the other day had not noticed you posting. A sad time for you indeed, so sending hugs. <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 7 Mar 2013 20:21

See we do care <3

**Ann** Report Edit Delete 5 Mar 2013 21:54
Mersey......Does one mean the MG that thinks she's a record label? Nope I have not seen her either.....no doubt she will pop up singing as usual.

Come to think of it have not seen Marilyn either.....probably afloat on her Lilo somewhere in the Pacific

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Mar 2013 20:24

I've missed Ya :-D.

So sorry to hear such bad news ,I have not been around much myself as I too have a seriously ill friend diagnosed with incurable Bone Cancer last week. It really knocked me for six

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Mar 2013 20:30

Thanks girls.........................no it is just so sad.

LG that is exactly the same expression that I used.......knocked me for six. Yet again it is not me that needs support. I feel so sorry for the families, and apart from giving them a hug, I dont know what to say.

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Mar 2013 20:31

**Ann** :-D ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Mar 2013 20:39

Same here MG. I was at a loss to what to say to her. She is such a lovely lady and also has a really lovely close family.
I have had a lot of worry and stress with other family matters over the past 3 weeks which i kept moaning about, but boy did this put my outlook on life in perspective. I thank God for my health,although not perfect at least not life threatening.

Wend

Wend Report 7 Mar 2013 20:42

I've missed you Maddie and I went around the boards looking for you this morning.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friends - you must be feeling so sad. The thought of losing any of mine fills me with dread and it must be hard to come to terms with.

Sending you love and thoughts and you too La G.

Wend xxx

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Mar 2013 20:43

Thanks Wend. <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Mar 2013 20:44

Thanks Wend, you know me, I bounce back when you will least expect it.

:-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Mar 2013 20:49

I a,
M so sorry to hear about your friends MG, it is devastating when we lose our contemporaries and friends. It is especially hard when we have to watch them suffer. I hope that none of them will be in pain and that maybe you will have them for longer than expected.

LG I am sorry about your friend too. Horrid disease.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Mar 2013 20:55

As you say Ann it is a horrible disease it was what did for my beloved Dad too.

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 8 Mar 2013 06:00

Thoughts going out to your friends and their families <3.

Nice to see you back :-)

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 8 Mar 2013 10:15

I missed you lots and was asking for you on one of threads, sorry to hear you are having a bad time , love and hugs and stay strong <3 <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Mar 2013 11:39

Sorry to see about your friends Big {{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}} MG & LG xx Barbra

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 8 Mar 2013 17:37

Sorry to hear about your friends & family <3 But it is good to see your name on the boards again. :-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 9 Mar 2013 20:02

Gosh I am touched by your concern girls.

Thank you all.

<3 <3 <3