General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mothers Day tomorrow.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 9 Mar 2013 18:25

I'll be going up to the Crem tomorrow, to leave some flowers for my Mam, who died in 2008. Also, I'll be warning her that my Dad's ashes will be scattered with hers soon. I only hope she doesn't mind - she would probably rather we scattered them at the furthest end!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Mar 2013 18:33

Thats where I'll be Geordie,,,,,,but I go every weekend,,,,,,oops ,,,,hope you dont get spooky happenings, :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Mar 2013 18:42

We are too far from the crem to make a visit but were lucky that when mum died my brothers FIL came out from retirement and took her committal just as he had done for dad in 1975.
He was able to call in some favours and found where dads ashes had been scattered and arranged for her ashes to be scattered in the same area. Have since found online the records and it does confirm the place and cross refs the names so we know it was done according to what mum wanted.ie to be with him

I will be thinking of her tomorrow and sending her our love . I think she knows anyway as she has visited me often as has dad.

GinN

GinN Report 9 Mar 2013 18:46

Yes, my Dad wanted to be scattered with my Mam, but I dont want to disturb her peace. I'll have to see if I get any vibes tomorrow. Sounds daft, but it feels important to me.

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 9 Mar 2013 20:14

One of my sisters & I visited our local churchyard this afternoon, because 108 years today our Dad was born. You can see our Grandparents old farmhouse from the church.