General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edwin Frank Yardley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 21 Mar 2013 12:59

I looking for relatives of Edwin Frank Yardley, born in Wolverhampton in 1950 and we believe that he died in Penzance, Cornwall in 2006.

Would like to hear from anyone related to him or who knew him.

Many Thanks

Louise

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Mar 2013 13:07

Probably not the best board to post this on

Have you searched trees to see if anyone has him listed

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 21 Mar 2013 13:48

Without wishing to pry, is there a particular reason why you want to find relatives?

It looks like Edwin married in 1971, with a possible son and daughter born of the marriage. However another Yardley man, also born Wolverhampton (1916), married in the same area (Eton, Bucks) to a woman with the same surname as Frank's wife, two years earlier,so it's just possible the children could belong to the first marriage, if the wife were younger than the husband.

The electoral register 2004-2006 shows an Edwin Yardley living alone at an address in St Ives, Cornwall.

EDIT, The older man born 1916 was Edwin's father.

I'll pm (personal message) you the details, as some of the people concerned are likely to be still living.

Louise

Louise Report 21 Mar 2013 19:50

Many Thanks for your help and your pm. I'm new to this so help and suggestions welcome

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 21 Mar 2013 21:31

Edwin had an elder brother, born in Birmingham in 1945. Unfortunately there are other people with the same name and initials, so it's hard to identify his marriage and possible descendants.

Louise confirmed she is in touch with the person I thought was Edwin's son.

Are you looking specifically for living relatives of Edwin, and/or people who knew him, or are you looking to trace his family history back through his father Dennis etc?