General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spitting Image.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dermot

Dermot Report 22 Mar 2013 15:56

"Waltham Forest said its enforcement officers were to start issuing fixed penalty notices in the same way they sometimes do for littering offences.

The north-east London council believes it is the first council in the UK to use such tactics to tackle spitting." (Yesterday's Press).

And more power to their left arm!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Mar 2013 16:09

remember it used to say "no spitting" on all public transport - disgusting habit, followed by spitting ou chewing gum

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 22 Mar 2013 16:13

Hurrah for them wish Brent council would follow suit !

Disgusting habit and unhygienic, it is so commonplace and utterly repulsive I don't think anything makes my blood boil quite so much as experiencing having someone foul the footpath in front of me

G Daughter saw someone spitting into the wind coming a cropper only yesterday
Hope it taught them a lesson .....Doubt it though :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Mar 2013 16:23

Sadly footballers and other sportsmen (and women) have a lot to answer for with this. If they were stopped maybe others would stop too. Revolting habit.