General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Was you a Mod,Rocker or a Hippie in the 60's?

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 23 Mar 2013 22:42

I also worked in a very conservative office. Our office manager measured our skirts too. She was an older lady so no miniskirts for her. The next job I had we wore a uniform so I guess the hippy came out on the weekends :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Mar 2013 22:38

I was a "part-time" mod lol

I worked for the public service, in a VERY conservative office....... I wore a uniform during the week and "dressed up" at weekends. Didn't mind, because I didn't have to worry about what to wear to work......... but the boss was a pain in the you know what......... kept making comments about shoes, hairstyles, makeup etc; one day she came into the office with a ruler & measured our skirts, to see how far above the knee they went! I got out of that prison after three years lol

These days I'm more of a hippie :-D with sarongs & sandals, and I gave up trying to straighten my hair

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Mar 2013 22:30

A rocker of course:)))....me winkle picker stilettos that had toes that curled up, l stuffed them with cotton wool but it did'nt work....lol, jeans so tight l could'nt get um off. Me mum would be having a heart attack as l drove off on the back of boyfriends bike...no helmets in those days!!
Oh yes the smell of leather:))

jude :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 23 Mar 2013 22:25

Always been a would be Hippy, into Folk Music and New Age stuff,but also like Rock, and look like a normal Nan!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Mar 2013 22:24

i was a rocker
leather the smell of oil and petrol and speed all the way

and my butler was the leader of the pack :-D :-D

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 23 Mar 2013 22:22

A Mod definitely....went the whole way, Vespa Scooter to Brighton etc in my parka, loved the music and the clothes.

Moved on late 60s to my Hippy era, far more laid back and relaxed ;-)

Now I am Hippy again ....... in clothes size anyway :-(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Mar 2013 22:21

Bibi dresses,

Twotone clothes,

Staks shoes,

Monkey Boots.

Quant ,,............,Mod.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 23 Mar 2013 22:09

I was a hippy and still am in some ways :-D

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 23 Mar 2013 22:06

i was a twinkle in my dads eye and I was born the summer of luvvvee you know the date Annie....however if I was too jump in to my TTM then I would be a mod :-D

ann

ann Report 23 Mar 2013 21:53

I was a mod. Dressed in mohair suits dolly rocker shoes and had cropped hair. Hot pants and mini skirts and waistcoats. Made a lot of my own clothes as I was a dressmaker. Now a bit of history