General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where in the world are you looking in from.......

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 31 Mar 2013 20:43

Is it rural, village remote or City ?

Thought it would be interesting to see, where GR members post from, and what sort of place we live in.

I live in a large village, but am on the edge of some beautiful countryside, but less than an hour from London.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 31 Mar 2013 20:49

Just to add.. Don't add too much info, walls have ears :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Mar 2013 20:50

suburb of Cardiff just off Jct 32 of the M4 - from my house can see top of Caerphilly Mountain and if I stand on a chair in th bedroom I can see Castle Coch in Tongwynlais - across the road is a pathway to the Glamorganshire Canal which is now a nature reserve and a bit further over, the River Taff

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 31 Mar 2013 20:57

Sounds picturesque Ann :-D

Your description of seeing a castle from a window, reminded me of my in- laws house, from the guest bedroom, you could see Windsor Castle, lovely sight it was :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Mar 2013 21:00

The edge of the world. Butt of Lewis, Outer hebrides.Windiest place in uk and at present the sunniest and best place to be(and no wind) :-) :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Mar 2013 21:00

A village in Bedfordshire just over the Hertfordshire border.

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2013 21:02

I live very near a safari park :-D :-D ;-)

GinN

GinN Report 31 Mar 2013 21:03

Small village in West Norfolk, with willow fringed pond, gothic church, and many listed buildings, though I live in a modern bungalow. It is 5 miles from the nearest market town. My part of the village surrounds an old farm, and I overlook the paddock which has cows, horses and occasional sheep.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 31 Mar 2013 21:04

A suburb of Aberdeen, north east Scotland :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 31 Mar 2013 21:09

Small coastal village (pop 400) in Snowdonia National Park.
From here I can see Snowdon, and across Cardigan Bay over to the Lleyn Peninsular.
Ten miles to the nearest shops, and anything else, but I love the peace.

Tec.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 31 Mar 2013 21:11

I live in a large village on the east Norfolk coast, minutes from the sea and the Norfolk Broads. No nice views from my windows, but for me the most important thing is I feel safe here :-)

jax

jax Report 31 Mar 2013 21:11

Small town, near the seaside, probably about an hour from London

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 31 Mar 2013 21:15

i kinda live, surrounded by, beach, town, and coutryside,

so we have a little bit of everything :-D

Wend

Wend Report 31 Mar 2013 21:17

I live in a town on the south coast and I can see the sea from my window.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 31 Mar 2013 21:22

Lovely descriptions of where you live everyone :-D

Florence where you live is somewhere I'd love to visit, you don't do B&B do you :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 31 Mar 2013 21:22

Town in East Anglia 1hr from London.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 31 Mar 2013 21:33

Semi rural in Warwickshire. Between a small town and a large city.

I overlook fields and can see horses and stables up the hill across the brook at the bottom of the fields.

Down the lane is the church where I was married, my son was christened and where my parents are buried.

Over the road is the school where my father taught where there are flowering cherry trees. There are also blossom trees in the verge all the way down the lane to the church.

Sharron

Sharron Report 31 Mar 2013 21:33

I live on Pagham Harbour on the south coast.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 31 Mar 2013 21:36

Where Tec lives sounds absolutely stunning. Just the most beautiful part of Britain.

I live 2 hours west of London and it is nearly as beautiful. Lovely river valleys separated by moorland and fabulous mountain roads. With views of Bristol Channel to the south and the start of the Brecon Beacons about 10 miles north :-D

It is in Wales. :-)

Wend

Wend Report 31 Mar 2013 21:40

I've often wondered where you live John ;-) :-D

Sharron, that's where my granny used to live :-D