General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I think Mother has visited.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Apr 2013 21:27

A few weeks ago, when I brought the dresser into the kitchen, I had to re-arrange things a bit. I made a space for the pestle and mortar then and it is still empty. We cannot find it.

Now,that pestle and mortar needs a low-loader to shift it, it's granite.

A little later I needed to enter the quiz kitty in the Dairy Diary. I could not find that either and still can't.

We are cooking the village lunch this month and I have had one particular cookery book on the table because it is a recipe in it that I am going to use. Today we saw a place that sels a particular ingredient that woud be use ful to the recipe so I went toook in the book when I came in. It is nowhere to be seen.

She used to hide things to make my life difficult or spoil things for me when she was alive and I don't think being dead has made much difference to my mother.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 2 Apr 2013 21:35

Maybe she is checking to see whether or not you have any pointless kitchen tools?

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 Apr 2013 22:22

:-D :-D @ Errol's comment.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Apr 2013 22:33

:-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 2 Apr 2013 22:36

Ask the Vicar to come and bless the house!!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Apr 2013 23:32

Reminds me of the joke regarding a missing utensil after the mother had visited the son, who had a lady flat mate.on a so called Platonic basis.......he asked mum I m not saying you DID take it or that you DIDNT take it, but we cant find it..
She replied, Im not saying that you ARE sleeping together or NOT sleeping together, but if your lady friend had slept in her OWN bed........you would have found it!!

Bob

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Apr 2013 23:50

Whenever I lose something, I say 'Pin thee Devil' 3 times, whilst looking for it.

,,,could be appropriate....... :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Apr 2013 07:25

Ask St Anthony and promise to pay a donation to charity if the item turns up, Sharron.

Lizx

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 3 Apr 2013 20:53

Liz, went to Montseratt and we were doing the church there. There was a long queue to see the Black Madonna and my sister being funny asked "do you want to wait to see the Black Madonna with the big boobies" I thought allo allo but as we were going out there was a statue of St Anthony so I rubbed his feet saying to her I havn't lost anything this is just in case I do. On the way home I lost my lovely bee brooch and thought I had lost it at one of the motorway stops.However , I searched around the seat in the coach and in the aisle. Hours later I was telling one of the passengers opposite me and he looked down and said is that it. I reached down to where he had pointed and sure enough there it was right at the side of my seat in the aisle. Thank you ST Anthony. ;-)