General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a rude woman!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2013 01:33

I just had a delivery from a local "catalogue" woman.

We were standing in the kitchen while I was giving her the money, she looked out the window.......and bolted out the door!

She came back in with three sprigs of rosemary that she TORE off my rosemary bush :-|

Then she said "Rosemary! Did you know you can cook with it? I'm going to the butcher to get some lamb! Do you know rosemary & lamb is really good?"

I was gobsmacked!

She obviously didn't notice the other pots, with oregano, parsley, chives & basil........ thank goodness!!

If she'd asked, I would have been happy to CUT a couple of sprigs for her.

What a cheek!

I won't be ordering anything else from her.

:-P

Allan

Allan Report 15 Apr 2013 02:46

lol Scozz,

If you see her again remind her that Rosemary is the herb of memory and that now she has had a couple of sprigs she could remember to say please and thank you :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Apr 2013 03:22

Cheeky mare! Hope her lamb cooked up tough lol I wouldn't have been able to resist saying something sarcastic to her, or telling her that it's customary to ask before stealing something.

I have a lovely young man who brings my catalgue (K one) I think he is of Chinese origins, but is so pleasant polite and friendly, speaks perfect English and has lovely children. it's always a pleasure doing business with him.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2013 03:43

I'm not usually lost for words, but she totally shocked me!

I just walked to the front door & held it open, she got the hint.

Maybe I'll 'phone the butcher, ask him to give her an old goat lol

I use rosemary a lot (also the basil, parsley, chives & organo lol), but I need LOTS of it to hand around on Anzac Day.

Allan ~ you made me think, and I realised the woman doesn't even thank me for the orders! I don't think I need any more from her.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Apr 2013 08:24

You're lucky she didn't go rooting through your fridge for a nice leg of lamb.

Can't believe she thought it was OK to do that.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2013 09:00

lol Guinevere :-D

I'm glad she didn't! There's a nice leg of lamb in the freezer.

We had a leg of lamb at the weekend, with garlic & rosemary :-), so we might keep the frozen one for a week or so yet!

:-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 15 Apr 2013 10:58

Crikey, I hope next time she calls she doesn't take a fancy to any particularly nice flowers in bloom or she might take off with those aswell.
I can't believe the cheek of the woman! :-P

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 15 Apr 2013 18:00

Perhaps you could mention next time you see her the tom cat next door loves peeing up that bush!

Mayfield :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 15 Apr 2013 19:11

Very good Mayfield.

I like that! :-D