General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DINOSAURS...what IF ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 17:43

Dinosaurs were on Earth for about 165 Million years... a long, long time! Until a Meteorite wiped them out! What IF they were not wiped out... ? Anyone got any views on this ? They also say that birds are genetically linked to them, strange but true ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 17:46

I think there was a programme on TV about this very subject, I think I watched some of it, but missed most of it, would like to watch it again... very interesting! Anyone know what it was called ?

George

George Report 22 Apr 2013 17:46

If dinosaurs were about today, we would probably find them in our beef dishes :-D :-D ;-) ;-) ;-)

George :-) :-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 17:48

George, if dinosaurs were about today, we would be their dinner! lol

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 17:58

If dinosaurs were not wiped out... perhaps we would not be on the Earth, strange but could well be true! It's very interesting, and would love to find out more about this.

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 18:01

I have a book by the BBC called: 'PLANET DINOSAUR', a brill book! They also did the very interesting programme on TV on this subject.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 22 Apr 2013 18:43

GHeather, I can recommend Bill Bryson's 'A short history...' if you haven't read it, it has some interesting chapters on pre-history, the dinosaurs and the first humans. I am re-reading it at the moment.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Apr 2013 18:47

COR JUST IMAGINE THE SIZE OF THE DINA POO

Wend

Wend Report 22 Apr 2013 19:24

Cor yes Dizzi - some of that spread over my garden would keep the foxes away, I bet :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 22 Apr 2013 19:24

Thanks RamblingRose, sounds like my type of book. :-D <3

GHeather

GHeather Report 2 Aug 2013 16:17

What happened after the dinosaurs went... what came next...? Well, the book you need is called: "Walking with Beasts, a prehistoric safari", by Tim Haines. 'Postscript' sell it online... I've got mine, and what an interesting book it is! Fantastic pictures, and loads of interesting info, well worth a buy! Was about 20 pounds, now about 8 pounds. :-D

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 2 Aug 2013 18:21

Now I am sure there are still some "dinosaurs" about just not the same ones.
Dizzi trust you about their poo but just think about how little you need to fertilize a garden "One Poo does it all"

Sorry GHeather not belittling your thread as I find history like that interesting. I wonder if Man could have done a flintstone trick and tamed them or some like as we tame what once were wild animals now

GinN

GinN Report 2 Aug 2013 18:36

Well, Fred Flintstone managed it! :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Aug 2013 19:06

I used to work for a dinosaur :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 2 Aug 2013 19:22

Ann :-D :-D :-D

I'm married to one ;-)

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 2 Aug 2013 21:25

GHeather, You have a picture of a place I know very well, my friend used to live in Seaford and when I went down I spent many Seaford head near the Cuckmere photographing and filming adders butterflies birds etc. love the place my friend moved to Spain but is now in Devon. Must go back to Seaford <3 it so much.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 2 Aug 2013 21:28

Got so excited I forgot to put in after many, happy hours on. :-D :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 2 Aug 2013 23:55

Ok flying doctor. :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Aug 2013 00:21

Ya know they say that life is all decisions and branches........just supposing that serious accident that you "got away with" had actually happened , and that really you are living the alternative to that event............??

I remember having a motor bike accident that SHOULD have killed me...........but??????????

Bob

michael2

michael2 Report 3 Aug 2013 13:13

we do have dinosaurs , they are called the british government.