General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Views and Replies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 26 Apr 2013 09:05

Perhaps we are in need of a league chart? Apparently some folk count how many they get, how funny is that :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 26 Apr 2013 09:20

1. Mr Magoo
2. Budgie Rustler
3. Lynda
4. ErrolSheep
5. Rambling Rose
6. Hayley Princess of Drama
7. Nana Sue
8. Dizzi
9. La Gooner
10. Sue Maid
11. Magic Wales
12. Muffy
13. Wolverhampton Wanderers
14. Johnloves Horlicks

Last two get relegated at end of season unless they can increase their points tally. :-)

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 26 Apr 2013 09:25

I have noticed that certain people, post threads on the same subject as those that arun for a couple of days and with the most hits and views, take the death of MT, thread and after thread for days trying for the same response ....init sad ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Apr 2013 09:30

I certainly do not count how many I get so you can remove me from your League chart JLH. I have more important things going on in my life I live in the real world :-0

lilybids

lilybids Report 26 Apr 2013 09:32

Glad I'm not on it :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 26 Apr 2013 09:32

Why assume same response, Hayley. That seldom happens.

I saw an article this morning that gave cost of the Lady T funeral about a third of what was quoted last week. And, if you read my OP, I have said some different things. Trouble is, people don't read article, don't read OP and assume :-(

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 26 Apr 2013 09:34

Hayley is an Empress John...NOT a Princess...lolololol

I've seen folk get really put out when they've noticed many looking but no one replying on their threads...imho.it's daft to take it so personally !

Mind you the reply total is useful to see where the interesting conversations are occuring if you can't be bothered to trawl about or are a bit short of time !

**edit** relegate me now .......and call me QPR lol

TaniaNZ

TaniaNZ Report 26 Apr 2013 09:34

No rhyme nor reason Lyn
Posted on Anzac day feeling really sad missing my dad had a few replies whilst a big bunch of folk squabbled about some pile of crap elsewhere
Probably would have had more sympathy if I posted about me cat :-)
If I had one of course

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Apr 2013 09:36

picks self up off floor after fallng off chair :-D :-D :-D :-D

You can take Magic Wales and Errol off that list too - people assume?????

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 26 Apr 2013 09:38

I'm not bragging, BUT 28 views so far...just saying :-D

Tania I know just what you mean :-(

I'm gonna buy you a cat for you to take home when you visit me now :-D

TaniaNZ

TaniaNZ Report 26 Apr 2013 09:41

Ha you would to lol
It would probably scratch the heck out of me when I stick it in my bag to take it home

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 26 Apr 2013 09:54

I don't count, I am quite used to getting either lots of replies or very few to threads, and I don't take it 'personally' :-) Sometimes they are threads which I think might have a broad interest, others are just 'well here is my thought' no response expected lol.