General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

70% of our DNA shared with a slug!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 26 Apr 2013 19:56

lmao

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 26 Apr 2013 19:53

The one I divorced over 40yrs ago :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 26 Apr 2013 19:49

Which slug?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 26 Apr 2013 19:41

When I first spotted this earlier I thought it said Slut....!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Apr 2013 19:16

Hedgehogs like to eat slugs and they are a better option than poisons which can be a problem for other creatures. Let the hedgehogs into yr garden by making sure there is a small hole in the hedge/fence about the size of a tennis ball.

Hedgehogs fascinate cats for some reason but the cats quickly realise that the hedgehog is a no go zone.

For no particular reason the French for a slug is "un limace" and a hedgehog " l'herrison ". I used to have a boss called Mr Herrison and it used to break me up addressing him as "Mr Hedgehog" so as to speak. That he was short, fat and spiky just added to my problems.

Roman snails are very nice to eat but I'd pass on slugs.

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 26 Apr 2013 16:50

Am glad you posted after me GHeather, normally it is me who kills a thread.Lol!

GHeather

GHeather Report 26 Apr 2013 14:39

I like the postings, brill! :-)

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 26 Apr 2013 14:07

So that is the REAL reason we are told that too much salt is bad for us! Lol

Merlin

Merlin Report 26 Apr 2013 13:23

Slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails thats what little girls are made of. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D as for the rest of us ???????? :-S :-S

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 26 Apr 2013 12:40

Won't stop me killing the little blighters even if we are related!

Mayfield ;-)
They say we share 60% of our DNA with bananas does that mean the banana on my cornflakes this morning makes me more than half cannibal :-0

GHeather

GHeather Report 26 Apr 2013 11:31

Yes, amazing that! We share about 70 per cent of our DNA with a slug; what about a snail I wonder ? We also share about 98.4 per cent of our DNA with a Chimpanzee. Any two people share about 99.9 per cent of their DNA, It's only 0.1 per cent that makes us different from each other! Amazing really.