General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Female Logic?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 2 May 2013 14:52

I took daughter No1 for a hospital appointment today.

As OH has my car, I had to drive hers. The appointment was eye exam and involved drops, so she couldn't drive herself.

As I started up the car, the radio was so loud that I had to turn it down... and immediately heard a loud rackety noise coming from the rear of her car.
(I'm no mechanic but I think it's the exhaust?)

I asked her how long the noise had been there.
Her exact response:
."Don't really know, but if you turn the music up loud enough you can't hear it
# ProblemSolved"

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 May 2013 15:00

I always have the music on in the car because I listen to the engine all the time and I really am some kind of mechanical hypochondriac.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 2 May 2013 15:10

Just where do ladies hang their handbags now cars don't have a pull out choke control?

Mayfield
Ducks and runs for cover :-D

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 May 2013 15:18

I always notice a different sound in the car ,always have done from a child.

Dad had a motorbike and side car ,no music !!! but I could always tell a difference in the engine noise...used to frighten me.

Edit..bricks coming your way Mayfield...so yes Duck !

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 2 May 2013 15:36

Putting my running shoes on as I say to GlasgowLass - a great example of female logic :-D :-D :-D

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 2 May 2013 15:51

No logic ..stupidness !
Silly girl.
My dau is like a boy racer. I have my feet to the floor when I am I the car with her.
No pedals to use but I try !!
Son is a much better driver..when I'm in the car with him !