General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Perivale Maternity Hospital records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 20 May 2013 12:31

Can anyone tell me how to access birth records for Perivale Hospital London. I am trying to find records for stillbirths/miscarriages circa 1946-1952. I have been told that perhaps some records have been destroyed but wonder if there may be copies in some county ,national or NHS archive somewhere. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 20 May 2013 12:45

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/200461/local_history_centre/39/local_history_collection

Can't see anything obvious..but there's a contact name and number of the Borough archivist and local history librarian on this page...might be worth a shot contacting him?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 May 2013 12:55

There is a still birth register which can be accessed on application by siblings - GRO perhaps, or the local Registry?
It's possible that many still births weren't registered considering the attitude at the time.

Found this as a search result
http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/historic-stillbirth-register-for.html

Not sure if you'll ever find details of miscarriages - that presumes a non viable feotus. Miscarriages would be recorded in the patients notes - for your period of interest, the mother could still be living and covered by patient confidentiallity and/or the 100 year rule