General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Perivale Maternity Hospital records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 20 May 2013 12:31

Can anyone tell me how to access birth records for Perivale Hospital London. I am trying to find records for stillbirths/miscarriages circa 1946-1952. I have been told that perhaps some records have been destroyed but wonder if there may be copies in some county ,national or NHS archive somewhere. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 20 May 2013 12:45

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/200461/local_history_centre/39/local_history_collection

Can't see anything obvious..but there's a contact name and number of the Borough archivist and local history librarian on this page...might be worth a shot contacting him?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 May 2013 12:55

There is a still birth register which can be accessed on application by siblings - GRO perhaps, or the local Registry?
It's possible that many still births weren't registered considering the attitude at the time.

Found this as a search result
http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/historic-stillbirth-register-for.html

Not sure if you'll ever find details of miscarriages - that presumes a non viable feotus. Miscarriages would be recorded in the patients notes - for your period of interest, the mother could still be living and covered by patient confidentiallity and/or the 100 year rule