General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK redundancy any experts out there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 20 May 2013 15:34

My husband was issued with a job role at risk notice, and has had 2 individual consulation meets. The legal 30 day Collective Consultion is now over. They now realise what his job actually involves and have approached him off record to ask him to consider a delay in his redundancy! He has not received an actual redundancy notice just a role at risk so I am confused as to why they ask him to consider a delay. Anyone come across this?

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 20 May 2013 16:08

I am no expert, but it sounds as if they have only just realised his role in the firm is quite an important one. I would want this in writing if I was him & a revised redundancy package.

I know someone who's retirement from the Navy was put off by a year, whilst he trained his replacement... ££££

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 20 May 2013 16:49

I am sure they want him to stay on the clear his workload as they are very busy, and if they are still considering spliting his job between several higher paid people to train them (nerve of it). As you say whatever happens he needs it in writing.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 20 May 2013 17:23

Just be warned about staying on, I'm pretty sure that they are not obliged to pay redundancy if you have less than two years to retirement.

Edit,
Just did a bit of surfing and getting conflicting messages some who say they know of cases where none paid, others saying you do get it or only half pay for last two years.
If your OH has a trade union worth speaking to his shop steward