General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photographs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 20 May 2013 16:08

Hwllo
I have spent ages today trying to attach my photos from the gallery/keepsafe to those stupid little boxes on my tree.
Both Lisa and Alex were very prompt in applying to my plea for help,but having followed their instructions to the letter it still won't work.
I had hoped to improve that dreary page one gets when clicking on to the tree.
Am I the only one with this problem ? Ideas would be much appreciated.I am not a computer expert but I am intelligent enough to follow instructions.
Regards
Wendy

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 May 2013 17:53

I have lost interest in my tree on here Wendy ever since they introduced the new one.........so i can't help you i'm afraid.
:-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 20 May 2013 18:38

Ditto, Wendy :-( :-( :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 May 2013 18:45

It works like this. Say you want to add a photo for Susan Brown. Find her in yr tree and then click on "Edit" and then "upload". After a longish wait the Keepsafe page will appear. Warning: this page may not come automatically to the top depending on yr browser and security settings. If it doesn't then just tab for it. Next upload the picture. You will then be able to see Susan Brown's picture in the tree at a very small size - but only from the edit menu !!!

What would be more logical would be to just upload pictures to the Keepsafe and then add a link from the person edit dialog to the keepsafe but it doesn't work like that.

As the pictures do not appear in the tree until u go into the edit menu and even then are shown at a v small size the whole time consuming and tedious exercise is pretty pointless.

The old tree used to be a snap to use. The new one is just a pain in the butt. afaik a great many people have given up on it and rarely make updates etc.

You may get more responses to yr quesiton by posting it in the sections on "Suggestions" or "Genealogy" rather than here which is about pretty well anything except family history.

Good luck

Wendy

Wendy Report 21 May 2013 09:48

Thank you all
With so many of us giving up on our trees one wonders why Genes are so keen to hang on to this one.I have started to rebuild my tree on MyHeritage.The tree layout is in many ways similar to the old Genes one .
Wendy