General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MAN BEATS COURT BALIFFS & PREVENTS EVICTION

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 14 Jun 2013 09:40

May be of interest to some,

I think some research is in order if this is to be believed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u8g_tNimjEo

Roy

terryj

terryj Report 14 Jun 2013 10:07

just a case of incorrect paperwork by the looks of it
correct court order filled in correctly and you will be out with police assistance if needed

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 14 Jun 2013 10:11

I could only bear to watch 3 minutes of this, it made me sooooo angry!!! Please tell me the outcome of this, then I may be able to watch the whole video-IF it has a 'happy endng'....coward?Moi? hmmm.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 14 Jun 2013 10:23

Terryj, look again, the paperwork was correct but not signed off by the bank plus it would still according to the guy be a civil matter, for the police to be able to use force then another court order is required and the guy mentioned a point about the mortgage and how You create the loan in YOUR name which is I think relevant in some way? I will need to research this further,

Claddagh its a good outcome

Roy

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 14 Jun 2013 10:40

Maybe this affected me more than usual, because I saw a family being evicted about 20 years ago, when I was visiting a daughter. There was a crowd ouside the house actually laughing and jeering...heavy police presence, and some big bullying baliffs. There was a skip where everything was tossed in to...saw a few of the childen coming home from school, crying when they saw all their stuff being thrown away.Such a sad story.The mother of the 5 children had scarpered with a boyfriend, leaviing him alone with the kids. He got behind with the rent, because he had to stop working to take care of the children at very short notice.He ended up in a hostel, the children spit up and sent to different care homes....
Criminal to take everything away from them!!!

terryj

terryj Report 14 Jun 2013 11:02

as i said just the wrong court order and not filled in correctly
they will soon be out with the correct order

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 11:25

I thought the film was absolutely brilliant. The lady pc was so patient and got most of facts. Sergeant Mo was a hero.

On a more general point, I trusted the police 100% when I was little. That trust slipped and slipped - particularly with the greed and violence of the 1970's, Hillsborough and the blitz on drivers more recently.

But during the last two years I have seen evidence they are returning to proper policing. And my opinion of them has increased considerably

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Jun 2013 11:30

The police are not allowed to assist bailiffs.

Their presence may be required to ensure that there is no violence by either the bailiffs or the parties being evicted. Bailiffs are not allowed to use any kind of violence against people ( e.g. pushing and shoving). They are allowed to use a locksmith to open doors and change locks.

It is important that paperwork is in order as it is not unknown for eviction orders to be executed against the wrong person.

There are many ways to avoid eviction. The most successful is to pay the mortgage/rent. After that negotiating an agreement with the lender, selling the property are the best options.

The nasty catch 22 for many evictees is that if they leave a house voluntarily then they are deemed to have made themselves homeless and are thus not eligible for emergency housing. This is the main reason why people hang in there against all logic - they are forced to.

As an additional catch 22 people quitting voluntarily will have a badly damaged credit record which may make getting a private let next to impossible.

None of our political parties seem to have even noticed the problem let alone thought about doing something about it. Where people have significant equity in their house then eviction should never be allowed, the interest should simply roll up onto the capital outstanding.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 23:45

Brilliant film this - well worth a look if you like to see bailiffs given the run around and getting quite belligerent about it :-) :-) :-)