General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WE ALL NEED TO MOAN ABOUT SOME-THING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dopey06

dopey06 Report 14 Jun 2013 15:27

Moaning , lets out stress , so its good to get things off your chest !.

JUST DO NOT DWELL ON YOUR PROBLEMS , I KNOW THIS SOUNDS EASIER SAID THAN DONE ,!

But like me , have a moan , perhaps prefably like here , then you do not up-set friends or relatives .

If it is still getting you down , GO TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR , explain things , before , your ill or do some-thing silly .

IT IS NO GOOD SOME-ONE SAYING TO YOU ,
"PULL YOUR-SELF TOGETHER "

This is not always possible !

I have had problems in the past , some resolved , some still not , I wish I could take my own advice .

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Jun 2013 22:37

John... :-P

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 22:46

Jude. Not good with emoticons. Is :-P same as <3

In which case <3 :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Jun 2013 22:54

John...no :-P is not the same as <3, as well you know!!!!

jude :-P

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 23:00

PH. It may have been insensitive to a degree and have removed it. But Dave posted THIS MORNING. If he really did need support, what ever happened to the caring sharing community on Genes for 10 hours.

My post an hour ago (second on thread) at least brought it to first page.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Jun 2013 23:05

Ok........thankyou.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Jun 2013 23:07

Dave posted the thread at 15.27 this afternoon, l've been at work this afternoon and cooked a meal then relaxed in front of the telly...... l may have posted as well, but did'nt see the thread....you seem to see them all!!!!

Gawd l'm trying to go to bed...... :-P

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Jun 2013 23:09

Hey dave.........

If you want to get things off your chest on here.............then go ahead.

Prickles.

<3

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 23:15

Sorry, Jude. 6 hours, not 10. I have been working all afternoon and evening and just scrolled through threads that interested me after late dinner.

And I saw this OP with hardly any views and no replies, so I added a post.

Not getting at you at all. I was wondering why all these active posters on here whilst we were both out never saw OP. It may be that one or two pm'd Dave.

I'm going to sleep soon and will sleep like a log. Hope you do likewise after your marmalade :-) Sweet dreams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wend

Wend Report 14 Jun 2013 23:16

I was out all afternoon, so I missed it. Sorry Dave - whatever JLH said, I missed it, but please don't be offended by him. Very few are on here.

Hope you're OK. Post again if not - we've all got problems in our lives and many of us can be empathetic, be assured :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 14 Jun 2013 23:18

I wish to moan about everything! (Victor Meldrew).

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 23:21

My grandma used to say "John, you're never happy unless you are complaining about something". They were wise, our grandmas :-) :-)

Wend

Wend Report 14 Jun 2013 23:23

. . . apart from Dermot :-P

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jun 2013 23:25

Dermot is the wisest man I have ever known - on a par with Ghandi. :-) ;-)

Wend

Wend Report 15 Jun 2013 00:02

Thankfully John, neither of my grandmothers ever said that to me. I was a happy child and I'm now a very happy woman, despite everything that has kicked me up the you know what :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 15 Jun 2013 00:15

Wend. Some of us see the cup half full, some see it half empty. You see it half full, I see it half empty.

I am a happy bunny though, same as you. The only advantage of being a pessimist is that, when life kicks you in the teeth (and I think we would both be surprised how many knocks we have had if we had an open discussion), it does not disappoint you quite so much. A sort of protection for the slings and arrows :-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Jun 2013 21:32

Despite the fact that I am right about most things, many others do not agree. Usually, of course, this is because they are just wrong.

Excuse me now because I’m off to boil my head as it needs shrinking every weekend.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 15 Jun 2013 21:36

Hear, hear Dermot. I never ever thought I would admit anyone was more perfect than me.

But I cede to your wisdom, diplomacy, humour and cooking :-) ;-)

Did we ever find out why Dave put up this thread? Hope it has helped and cheered him up a bit :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Jun 2013 21:53

Wend as far as im concerned you are inspirational <3 <3 <3

A lovely person with no hidden agenda, just someone who I can hold close to my heart and call a very dear friend...... :-) <3

Wend

Wend Report 15 Jun 2013 23:17

Thankyou Merseykins ;-) <3