General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Friday 14th June

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 14 Jun 2013 18:55

The day started well with 2 yes 2 dippy eggs for breakfast including my toasted soldiers...I know,,we never grow up...Did housework as usual then things went haywire....THE ELECTRIC WENT OFF...Checked the trip,,,off,,,our fault then...I had just been to freezer in garage and wife put on washing machine She thought fault at freezer..Checked plug and fuse,,did trip still throwing off...Something else then...Went to utility room,,OH!!!,, inches deep in water...Couldn't turn off stop tap so ran next door and got neighbour.. Eventually got tap off to stop water...Emergency call to nearest son..He came to help..Shifted machines out from wall and found hot water feed had parted at tap..It was a fountain of water up and onto ceiling of utilty..All fixed now and nearly dried out.....Cheer me up someone please...Has Dizzi got one of her fun quotes to hand or Errol with some Goony gobbledigook???? Going to try to find writers thread in a minute and see what's on there......Lovely evening here in Oxfordshire...Pity your all not close enough we could have had a Reunited Chat Room BBQ...Thanks for reading my tale of woe...I'm not sympathy seeking,,,honest ( he says with tongue in cheek)... Regards and love to all....LES.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 14 Jun 2013 19:35

If you're sitting pretty
Then here's a little ditty
Just give a great big grin
And let the sunshine in

.....and all together now......:-D

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

Mau :-D :-D

Leslie

Leslie Report 14 Jun 2013 22:08

Bless you darling......Always on the bright side...It's because I've such good fun friends like you......LES.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jun 2013 06:13

Poor you Les, it never rains but it pours (literally) eh?

Glad you got help to sort the problem and will now be dried out. Have a good weekend.

It was a lovely Friday evening here, o.h.'s sis and b.i.l. came and took us to a pub near the Broads so I didn't have to cook or wash up, or even drive, it was lovely to be able to have a couple of ciders with my steak and stilton pie and not worry about driving home. The sun shone and the boats were going up and down the river, it was so peaceful.

Now it's 6am ish and raining for the last hour here in Norwich, hope the Queen doesn't get wet at the Trooping of the Colour, maybe London will stay dry.

Strange to think if we had gone on holiday we would just be travelling home from the airport, how fast the past two weeks have gone.

Lizx