General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prince Charles and Camilla in Beano comic strip

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 15 Jun 2013 08:39

Prince Charles and Camilla to make cameo appearence in Beano comic strip.

How cool is that......

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/406823/Prince-Charles-and-Camilla-to-make-cameo-appearence-in-Beano-comic-strip

They had Dennis the Menace enthusing about the virtues of reading and the Bash Street kids growing organic vegetables when they made a guest appearance in a special edition of The Beano, which hits the shelves tomorrow.

The heir to the throne and his wife were presented with framed prints of their encounters with cartoon characters Smiffy and the gang, Dennis the Menace, and Roger the Dodger during a visit to publishing company DC Thomson & Co in Dundee, where they started the firm's new printing press.

:-)

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 15 Jun 2013 09:11

I s'pose it would be really cool if I was 9 yrs old again but I am not my days of reading the beano ended more than 30 yrs ago and when I was 9 yrs old I doubt I would of been even been slighty interested, but if it floats yer boat :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 15 Jun 2013 09:23

BUT BY THE TIME THEY CARICURISE. HIS NOSE THAT WOULD BE THE WHOLE STRIP

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jun 2013 10:14

Buy up several copies and store them without reading; they might be collectors items in a couple of decades ;-)

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 15 Jun 2013 10:30

A comic strip is the ideal place for Charlie and his Mistr, whoops, sorry wife. Could not think of a better place for them to remain.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 15 Jun 2013 11:23

She looks glamorous in the strip. And about same age as Hayley :-( :-(

And he looks about 35 too :-0

Close to, apparently they both look as old as me - late 50's ;-)