General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing..Believed lost....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 18 Jun 2013 19:15

What is going on??? i have just tried to update my wife's F/T's on Genes..1st 2 pages Ok...Got to her grandad and gran ,,they disappeared and up comes a George Paxton and his wife...NOTHING ELSE ON PAGE,,,UP,,DOWN,,SIDEWAYS...I'm on MERRY---where does Paxton come from....Is this worth the subscription??? I've got hundreds of names to go in....FRUSTRATED......LES.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 18 Jun 2013 19:57

I don't have my tree on here Les, so can't be any help

I hope a clever person comes across this thread soon to help you:))

xx

highland

highland Report 18 Jun 2013 20:06

I've just tried my tree after reading about your problem and guess what!!! I have the same problem as you, got as far as my parents and that was it. My family tree does not have a Paxton in it so they are nothing to do with me!!!

Sandra

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 18 Jun 2013 20:16

Mine was the same lol, but when I 'searched' my tree for a name a couple of generations back it came up!
It is still fragmented though, I had to click on my 'line' to get the next generation :-(
There are gremlins in our trees ;-)

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 18 Jun 2013 20:18

There you are Les, 2 clever people :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 18 Jun 2013 20:18

You can get a spray for that :)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jun 2013 20:12

Natasha has been told about this thread,

and has reported that she has sent a pm to Leslie

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1326497?page=2

I hope that has helped him.