General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

oooh err got wet trousers now !!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jun 2013 16:29

Not what you think !!!. We had our front garden concreted over several years ago with the fancy concrete with patterns imprinted into it . The day the constractors did it was OK weather wise but then decided late afternoon it would rain . They put tarpaulin over it but the rain persisted for 3 days after and near the porch it got under the tarpaulin and damaged the surface.

The contractor was very apologetic and when they came to finish it off with sealant etc they did a repair as good as they could on the area and offered us a barrel of the sealant normally £100 for free as compensation which we accepted.

We used the sealant every 3 years or so but then got thwarted with local hosepipe bans so we couldn't jet wash it so could reapply.

It has been looking really grotty and getting some yellow moss spoors on it . I looked at very so often and thought "you need a sort out" Hubby cant do it now cos of his health problems so today was the day !!

I got out the hose and the Karcher , its so long since the karcher was used the prongs on the plug had got rust on em . I cleaned em off and we were on again.

Took me some time to refresh myself how it all worked but WOW I loved seeing all the dirt and grunge being washed off and the lichen that had attached to some areas.

Its drying off nicely now . some areas may need a little attention cos its been affected by the awful weather but all in all its looking good . will get grandson to put another finishing coat on when he visits next to see if granddad needs anything done.

In the meanwhile I need to change out of wet trousers and put my slip on sandals to dry

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 21 Jun 2013 18:13

Well done you. I think it's so satisfying seeing the end result of a project and knowing you did it yourself without any help :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Jun 2013 07:58

Well done Shirley, I bet you felt really chuffed to see it looking so good and knowing you managed it yourself. Hope you aren't too stiff and worn out now from the effort.

Lizx