General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Slimming? New members very welcome

Page 5 + 1 of 24

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cooper

Cooper Report 5 Nov 2013 14:43

Hi everyone, well done Ann for getting to target :-D There are some great losses.
I have fallen off the wagon I'm afraid. I managed to loose a stone on my own in the summer and joined a slimming club in September to try and loose the last 10lbs that was hanging about. I'd like to be 10 stone give or take a couple of pounds. Well I have gained 6lbs since joining and eating everything I can get my hands on :-\

I wonder if its psychological that when permitted naughty stuff is on a plan I start to eat it, and then the cravings come back and its a slippery slope from there.

So the big question is, do I carry on with the slimming club or go it alone again? Due to work commitments I go to two different classes, one has a really nice bunch of people there, the other does not. The leader is lovely and runs both. I just wish I could keep at the nice group all the time but my work pattern does not work out that way.

I'm off now to start the prep on a healthy chilli. Its not the meals that I'm having which are the problem but the munching between them.

Teresa

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 1 Nov 2013 18:33

I reckon we're all doing good ladies :-D If you can't have a blow out now and again, then we'd be boring, as long as we don't get carried away, having something "off diet" does you good, if you put on one week, then getting it off the next, is a nice little challenge.

Go easy on yourselves eh :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Nov 2013 12:42

Stick with it Shelley you have already lost such a lot that it must be really hard now <3

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 1 Nov 2013 11:48

morning all

looks like im on the veggie all week as well :-(
i stayed the same this week so will have to try harder next week

off shoping to stock up on fruit veg and saled

Paula+

Paula+ Report 1 Nov 2013 09:53

Thanks Shelly. I am back to normal today, my tummy is as flat as a pancake; this is just how IBS affects me. I have been on a diet for so long now it does not feel like a diet anymore. We are going away for the weekend and have a wedding tomorrow, I will do my very best to be good! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 1 Nov 2013 00:23

big well done for lynda and ann :-D :-D

i will jump on scall in the morning but dont think i done so good this week
will have to what and see

paula just have a little run up and down the stars and if you dont have stars run up and down the hall way :-D

TS veggie all week for you :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 31 Oct 2013 18:05

Well done Lynda and Ann. It's so motivating reading of all your successes. Last week I was one lb off my goal which is really good. I have been suffering with IBS over the last week and feel very full and bloated so I keep away from the scales at the moment.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 31 Oct 2013 15:59

Well done Linda you will have to have your grandsons to stay more often!

Nearly at target too. I'm going all out to lose the weight I gained in England before it has the chance to take root and multiply. :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 30 Oct 2013 22:41

Thanks Ann :-D It'll be good to be at target before Christmas :)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Oct 2013 22:20

four and a half to go Lynda - one or two weeks more and you'll be there :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 30 Oct 2013 21:44

Hello ladies :-D I have changed my weigh in day to a wednesday, just got back and I have LOST 4 lb :-0 I am amazed, as the last week I haven't been following the diet as I should of. We've had our Gandsons staying, whilst there Mum & Dad are in Rome, so I have cooked a lot of meals that the boys like, which aren't Slimming world meals. Anyway, just half a pound more andI will have lost a stone, then just 4 more pounds I'll be joining Ann at target :-D I'm sure you'll get back on track now Wendy, a poundand a half ain't bad for all them doughnuts :-D Well done to you Ann for staying in target. Good luck everyone for the coming week :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Oct 2013 21:36

Well done Ann. How good you must feel to be at target. Hopefully your success will spur me on.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Oct 2013 20:15

stayed the same - much as expected so have adjusted my target weight to 10 stone and got my badge and lifetime membership as long as I stay within 3lb either side of 10 stone - very pleased :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Oct 2013 14:20

well done Wendy - glad you enjoyed yourself :-D

Off to weigh in later this afternoon and shall set my target at 10 stone

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Oct 2013 14:17

I'm just back from 2 weeks in England and I'm 1.5 pounds heavier. I'm surprised I got off so lightly after having Belgium buns with fresh cream in Greggs eaten with a large mug of hot chocolate. Jam doughnuts and lots of other fattening goodies that I can't get here. I had a lovely time with family and friends and am now working on the diet again. Every ounce gained was worth it.

Pleased to see everyone else is doing so well.

Wendy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Oct 2013 11:01

thanks folk - shall stick at 10 stone - well done Shelly!!

Ann XX

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 26 Oct 2013 09:42

Well done Shelly and Ann....... if you feel happy and comfy with 10 st then like Lynda has said stay with that. :-D

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 25 Oct 2013 23:49

well done ann

my scalls say i lost 2lb this week

i got some new jumpers in the week of the market stall and have to take them back as thay are to big
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 24 Oct 2013 15:43

Well done Ann <3

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 24 Oct 2013 11:54

I haven't been to weigh in this week, as went to the theatre on weigh in day, and couldn't get to another one another day, have been so busy, so will have to wait and see if I lost/gained. Feels funny not weighing in though, almost like playing the hop from school :-D

Ann, why not say target is 10 stone, then at least you won't have to pay, then if you want to go lower later, you can reset your target weight?