General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heatwave, Hot weather going on for a month...!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 Jul 2013 23:27

According to a newspaper, the HOT weather is going to go on for a month...!!! Time to get the fans out, drinks in... keep cool, and best not to travel far tomorrow...it's going to be HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jul 2013 23:30

OMG do not know what the electric bill is going to be with 2 air coolers and fan going.

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 Jul 2013 23:32

That's a very good point ChrisofWessex! No fire on etc... but fans & air coolers on! So, can't escape these high electric bills! :-( However, having said that, probably still works out cheaper than having a fire on, or other electric stuff on, we hope! :-D

GHeather

GHeather Report 13 Jul 2013 16:06

Sales of fans, drinks, stuff for the garden, etc... are going to Rocket, B&Q will do very well! :-D Time to buy Kingfisher shares! :-D BRITVIC soft drink sales will Rocket too! Good idea to buy those shares now!!!

Jane

Jane Report 13 Jul 2013 16:12

I just timed how long I could sit out...........2 minutes :-S.Now sitting under the fan :-D
Thermometer outside on patio showing 45.Phew!.Next door neighbours are in their swimming pool.I want one !!!!

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 13 Jul 2013 16:45

You want to cool down, come to Aberdeen :-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Jul 2013 17:51

it's a killer here - wasn't going to complain, but it's all too much

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 13 Jul 2013 17:58

Seems to be hotter today as have air cooler on and a fan in the same room - this has onlyhappened at night before.

Keep sticking inside of wrists under cold tap and cold water on face.

OH is off to Hampton Court Flower Show tomorrow.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Jul 2013 18:21

roll on winter i say!! i love it warm but this is silly lol, and you bet few weeks down the line people will swear we havent had a summer ;-)

GHeather

GHeather Report 13 Jul 2013 19:14

It wasn't too bad earlier, but it started to get: HOT! Going to be one of those nights!!! Going on for a whole month!!! :-( Nevermind, as long as it don't go on for 3 months... or longer... before we know it, autunm and winter will be here! Then we will moan about that too! lol :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Jul 2013 19:48

i love the autumn n winter months, i dont mind summer if its not to hot,

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 13 Jul 2013 23:03

I just love it - the hotter the better - London it is sweltering at the mo

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Jul 2013 23:15

After a few really hot days (and extremely uncomfortable nights), today was much cooler, not cold, but just nice without the intense sun beating down.

We had a barbecue this evening, and lit the fire pit.
We have just come indoors, and certainly doesn't see as oppresive as the last few nights have been.
Hopefully, I will sleep tonight.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2013 00:20

Well, it's St Swithun's day on 15th, Will it rain?
I'm not too bothered about the hot weather, I just keep the blinds closed when I'm indoors..
Went out today - and, when I got back, I hand washed the clothes I had been wearing - bit sweaty :-|
But they were dry within the hour :-D

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 14 Jul 2013 00:42

I am pleased summer has arrived at last. Its just that it goes from one extreme to the other in a short time. We are not used to it any more. I remember summer when I was younger being hot and sunny and winter with lots of snow.I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 14 Jul 2013 00:47

I don't mind the heat :-D

The humidity is another thing though :-( :-( :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2013 02:26

Humidity - definitely a bad thing :-P

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Jul 2013 10:17

Yes humidity is bad news, especially inside at night! :-( Don't think I would like to live in a HOT country!

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 14 Jul 2013 11:07

i loathe the humidity, its nice and cool this morning, but i know its going to get out hot later

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 14 Jul 2013 11:11

I love it all....hot and sweaty or cold as a frog in a frozen pool! Bring it on!i:-D My bedding is out on the line blowing in a slight breeze...the dog has been walked...a butterfly has just landed on my window sill.....awwwwww<3 :-D