General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't Win

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2013 10:51

My daughter phoned the other day and asked if we wanted a Budgie.

She and her partner breed them ( I wish they would concentrate on breeding grandchildren for us) and as my OH has looked after the chicks at various times they gave her a choice before the current batch went off to the pet shop.

OH chose a grey blue bird.

I asked what sex it was

OH said, "Male, they are easier to teach to speak"

I suggested that a baby female one would be better as it would be easier to teach it to keep quiet!

The doctor has said that the swelling in my groin should be OK by next week, and he'll take the various stitches out tomorrow :-0

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 13 Jul 2013 11:19

Good news that your getting your stitches out will make everything more comfortable.
We had a grey/blue one and it spoke really well then My Mum got hooked and had quite a few the last one she had was amazing so much so it copied my Dad's voice to a T which was a bit upsetting when after he died the first thing I heard when we came back from the funeral was when I went into the room was Dad's voice saying "Want a cup of tea Norah" (my mum's name) ..Oh Dear!
Hope your wee one speaks well

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Jul 2013 12:00

think Allan is having you on Nolls :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2013 21:57

:-D :-D AnnC

Sometimes my 'humour' can be a bit obscure, or as someone once told me: "you have a sense of humour, its just that your humour doesn't make sense!" :-S

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Jul 2013 22:53

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2013 23:11

lol Barbra :-D

How are you? I hope that all is well :-)

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Jul 2013 23:42

oh Allan so sorry you have stitches ,

ill take them out for you :-D :-D im a nurse ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2013 23:46

Now there's an offer I can refuse, Suzanne :-D :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 15 Jul 2013 22:15

:-D ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2013 22:20

I remember having my stitches out after OH accidentally (?) sliced my finger with a food processor blade.

My fault really as my hand was in front of my throat at the time :-D :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 15 Jul 2013 22:22

oh glad to hear that your OH has learnt how to control you :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2013 22:29

I reckon that eating all those small furry creatures has change her personality. Very aggressive now, not the sweet young thing that I met when she was 15

Mind you she will probably say that being married to me for nearly 43 years is what's changed her :-D :-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 15 Jul 2013 23:26

Not funny ... .. If I've been had :-P
Oh Ok then :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2013 23:36

:-D :-D :-D

Nolls, I do post serious threads sometimes....and this wasn't one of them ;-)

But most of my humorous threads do have, or are based on, true events :-)