General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I phoned Saga Shipping tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Jul 2013 18:24

I had put it off because phoning the shipping line to cart Mum off didn´t quite seem right.
Somebody answered the phone
me ...is G there
them ...no she is not at her desk at the moment Can I help You
me ...I am Lady Jo´s daughter
them ....one moment I will try and page her.

them ..I am sorry I can´t locate her can I take your number and get her to call you back straight away.
me ... yes but I am in Spain
them ..yes it´s okay ..
me ..number
them ...I will get G to phone you back as soon as she is back at her desk ..and I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum.

With-in 5minutes G phoned back with the same condolences and more ...
So we chatted about the cruise I want Mum to go on and G thought it very fitting as the crew and many of the guests will know her. ..Of course they can do it xmas eve in Antigua ..of course they will hold a full ceremony with songs and prayers. Yes anything I want for Lady Jo.
I asked about where to send her to, No No I don't do that the Pearl 2 will be sailing into to Cartagena in Nov. so I can have clearance to go onboard and hand her personally over and then she can be transfered onto Saga Ruby for the farewell cruise on the 7th Dec. That way Mum is never alone.
I will also have a full days food and drink on board the ship along with OH. for the day we deliver her into their care

I said... do you think asking for Antigua on xmas eve is unfair ..G laughed at me and said no way that is right for your Mum.
I asked about a posy of flowers to go with her. G said not a problem that will be arranged also. I asked am I asking too much and G said you couldn't not for Lady Jo.
So I joked and said it would be nice to see her off and G said after much tapping on pc The cruise is fully booked but could you make ..I stopped her there and said I was joking because it's xmas I can't make anything, my farewells are said. G said we could try and .I stopped her there because I can't afford to be tempted but it does sound as tho' nothing is impossible for my Mum where Saga is concerned.

So spot on Saga and thank you ...

It does make me think how better they knew her last years than I did mind, but what a wonderful farewell she will have.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2013 18:55

Definitely a star on customer service :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Jul 2013 19:01

Maggie I can´t complain and even better there will be no charge for flowers, photos, videos or anything because they can´t do enough for my Mum.

Am I humbled or what !

Mind what a great send off she will have. Antigua on Xmas Eve

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jul 2013 19:22

You cannot ask for better than that. A Wonderful send off.

Ten out of ten for Saga.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jul 2013 19:46

That sounds a wonderful send-off!

Full marks to Saga!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2013 20:30

That all sounds wonderful Uzzi, full marks saga

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jul 2013 06:22

Now that's what I call going out in style!

Well done you and Saga too

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Jul 2013 08:24

Well done Uzzi & Saga

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a shooting star that night <3