General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Jul 2013 22:06

THIS SWEATING LARK IS NEW TO ME,I FELT THE HEAT
REALLY BAD BUT NEVER SWEATED MUCH,,,,TILL NOW
THE SWEAT IS POURING DOWN MY FACE INTO MY EYES AND IT STINGS

RIGHT OLD SOGGY MOANER

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Jul 2013 22:08

Dizzi me ickle tinker your not a moaner at all :-D :-D <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jul 2013 22:11

Me too Dizzi, hot as hell here. moan away as much as you want, I am just praying it breaks and we get lots of rain, I will be outside when it does :-)

michael2

michael2 Report 22 Jul 2013 22:16

Dizzi have you had your thyroid checked o/h used to sweat a buckets loads until she had it checked sorted out her tabs she still sweats but not a lot now.she is more comfortable with it now.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 22 Jul 2013 22:29

Me too Dizzi.... I was a right old grumpy guts on Saturday.
I was soo hot and sticky all day and as I moaned all day...., so can you if you wish!

It has cooled down slightly here and I'm much more comfortable now.

Michael
My dau had thyroid probs too, and I remember how bad she felt in the heat.
She was only 15 yrs old when her thyroid became over active.
She took those tabs ( carbimazole) for 4yrs but never stabilized on them... she eventually had radio active iodine and paralysed the thyroid gland completely
She now takes thyroxine tablets instead

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 22 Jul 2013 22:39

That reminds me.. We cannot find our fan. There is definitely one in this house somewher but we cannot find it.
Needless to say, there are none to be found in the shops and the house is like an oven.

I was in John Lewis today, but they had none either.
I was just about to walk away, when a store person arrived and placed 3 fans on the shelf.
Someone had ordered them but never came back to collect.... I grabbed 2 and bought them!

My lounge is lovely and cool now

Wend

Wend Report 22 Jul 2013 23:19

I'm positively glowing tonight :-D

Wend

Wend Report 23 Jul 2013 00:47

:-P

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2013 00:53

lolol

My aunt (Mother's sister) came to Oz for a holiday a few years ago, at Christmas (summer!).

It was very hot, many days over 40C, and aunt M was melting. Mum realised that her sister was dressed "properly" ~ aunt was a stickler for doing things in "the correct manner" and was wearing the full rigout, stockings, all-in-one corset/bra and a petticoat! ..... as she always did. Mum talked her into taking off those awful things and wearing one of Mum's loose cotton summer dresses.

Then aunt M said she was going to be really good for the rest of her life. Strange statement, because she was a real lady. Mum asked what she meant.....

Aunt M ~ "If I can't stand the heat in Australia, I'm not going to like Hell"

:-D