General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wedding

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummie46

brummie46 Report 17 Aug 2013 08:55

Hi, can anyone come up with any ideas for weddings favours for have a wedding next year and not to expensive.
(not interested in almonds, lottery tickets) just something different and simple, not to expensive.
thanks

Penny

Penny Report 17 Aug 2013 09:04

my neice tied jelly beans - right colour-matched bridesmaids dresses - into net bags with ribbons

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Aug 2013 09:31

Charity lapel pins?

One we went to had Breast Cancer for the ladies and Dementia of the gentlemen.

brummie46

brummie46 Report 17 Aug 2013 09:40

thanks for your ideas, will give it a thought.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Aug 2013 10:58

My niece got married a couple of years ago, we were all given a wine-bottle-stopper with two hearts on the top.

Sounds tacky, but it was very nice.

<3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 17 Aug 2013 11:02

What about these

http://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/wedding-favours?gclid=COzm6rychLkCFQYd3god9BYAFA

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Aug 2013 11:05

minuture bottles, vodka for girls whiskey for the men,
my friends ordered online personal chocolates, in little bags to match the wedding colour

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 17 Aug 2013 11:06

Thorntons do 2 chcocs in boxes, I went to a wedding Wales once and got a little tiny wooden love spoon .

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Aug 2013 11:08

A friend of my son makes handmade soap and she does small versions to give as wedding favours - they look and smell lovely and are useful too.

http://www.gingerducksoap.com/

Kath. x

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Aug 2013 13:15

Wrong time of year now but our daughter was able to get lots of red foil hearts going rather cheap just after Valentine's Day and well in date for her wedding and filled her favour boxes with them.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Aug 2013 14:09

My daughter didn't have 'favours'. She collected pebbles of a similar size (actually you're not meant to take pebbles from the beach - but you can buy them :-D), wrote the guest's name on it, then used them as place names, and asked everyone to take their pebble home :-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Aug 2013 14:46

Had ladies sized silk? hankies with the first names of bride and groom and date on them for daughter.

GinN

GinN Report 17 Aug 2013 14:51

My OH's nephew married a Japanese girl. Each guest was given a pair of chopsticks and a little origami model bird that the bride had made herself.

Jane

Jane Report 17 Aug 2013 15:16

My Niece contacted the perfume people (Ralp* Laure*) and they sent her mini bottles of perfume (Romance) and Mini aftershave for all her guests.I think there were about 70 of each.Brilliant way of advertising ,and lovely favours for the guests.The best bit she didn't pay penny :-D.

When did 'favours' come into fashion.I married in 1981 and they weren't around then.
Personally I don't really see the need .Even though it is a nice reminder of the wedding .It's a bit like giving a party bag for at children's birthday party.
I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old mare ,because yes Favours are nice but often more expense for the Bride and Groom, and we remember the wedding (not the favours)
I quite like the idea of the pebbles with names on :-D

Samantha

Samantha Report 17 Aug 2013 15:22

At my cousin's wedding she didn't have favours. Each table at the reception had a vase in the middle and they were filled with pink and white marshmallows.

Greenfingers

Greenfingers Report 17 Aug 2013 18:15

Why not tell everyone that there will be no favours,, rather giving the money to a worthwhile charity...don't wish to sound miserable, but this has all got out of hand, like childrens parties

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 17 Aug 2013 18:57

A young friend married last year.
All the guest tables were named for sweets.
Everyone was given a small box containing the sweets for their named table.
Jelly Babies, Strawberry Bon Bons, Midget Gems ect

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Aug 2013 19:34

ON EBAY
SILVER CHARM ON A RIBBON
ONES USED FOR MAKING JEWLERY

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Aug 2013 19:37

50 FOR £1;99
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-Mixed-Tibetan-Silver-HEART-Pendants-CHARMS-8-Designs-10-25mm-/360709168326?pt=UK_Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&hash=item53fbf11cc6

Cooper

Cooper Report 17 Aug 2013 19:55

We went to a wedding last Saturday, the favour boxes were by each place setting and in them a lottery ticket for the Saturday night lottery :-D

It bought a smile to everyone's faces and was an ice breaker as well for those seated with people they did not know so well.

Teresa