General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Remembering Deanna

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Aug 2013 04:41

Two years ago this evening our lovely Deanna lost her battle against cancer, a battle long fought with great courage and humour. I still think of her often and remember my visit to her on my way back from meeting Dutch and co at Sheffield.

I haven't contacted Tony or Allan for some time, I didn't want to bother them. I hope they are coping well.

Thinking of all our lost gr members gone ahead to join their ancestors.

Lizx

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 21 Aug 2013 07:55

Message from Dutch.
Memories of our lovely Deanna, never forgotten, still in my heart,
will see you sometime. Love Dutch xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2013 08:34

Two years ! Where does the time go

A lovely lady who although she was fighting her own battle often PM,d me with words of comfort when our daughter was battling Hodkins.

RIP Deanna

Shirley xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Aug 2013 08:50

Such a lovely lady, always ready with a joke to cheer people up on the anxieties thread and on the boards. Much missed by those who knew her.
It really doesn't seem like two years ago. Bless you Deanna <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 21 Aug 2013 08:59

Didnt realise that Deanna died the same day 2 years ago that my darling husband died.
I remember posting on the thread and sending condolences,but not the actual date .
Where does the time go?
I have daughter and s.i.l here,but they are going later on,so not been on the boards much the last couple of days.
R.I.P Deanna and Dan x x <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Aug 2013 17:32

Brenda a sad day for you then so sending you a (((((hug))))).

I have lit a candle in memory of Deanna.

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 21 Aug 2013 18:03

R.I.P Deanna

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 21 Aug 2013 18:20

Deanna was such a lovely lady. Still missed. R.I.P

Thoughts to her husband and son.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 21 Aug 2013 21:55

Dear All

Hello

Thinking of Deanna with affection and respect. <3

Take gentle care all
Sincere wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Aug 2013 04:33

Brenda, I thought of you too as I remembered it was the time you lost your husband. I have it on my calendar, that both Dan and Deanna's funerals were on the same day too. the 31st August, which will be the anniversary of my friend's passing from Cancer in 2008.

I am glad you had some company with you and hope you remembered happy things as well as the sadness of the date.

I miss Deanna's humour and kindness and her courage.

Lizxx

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 22 Aug 2013 08:31

Liz,
Thank you....You are a good one for remembering!
I probably knew that the two coincided,but must have forgotten.....I do have senior moments!
I am OK..daughter went home late afternoon,but I was fine..you do get used to being on your own and pleasing yourself even though at times it gets lonely.
Hope all is OK with you!
Brenda xx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Aug 2013 09:33

Deanna was such a funny lady, caring and always the sensible one if things got out of hand on here.

RIP Lovely lady, can't believe its 2 yrs.

jude xx