General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I had this very strange dream

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merlin

Merlin Report 25 Aug 2013 14:04

Sounds like the song "To Dream The Imposible Dream" :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 25 Aug 2013 13:54

Lynda - A very strange dream, very strange dream indeed, whatever you are on can I have some :-D <3

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 25 Aug 2013 13:52

it was definitely just a dream then :-\

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 25 Aug 2013 13:33

Somebody just told me John had made a post to me but I cant see anything so he must of deleted it or did not reply. Off to get a coffee. :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 25 Aug 2013 13:31

Good to see you back Rose.

I don't think there is anything wrong with controversial threads as such. It's good to get a range of different opinions provided they are posted in a courteous manner and do not become personal. Without a bit of discussion and controversy the boards are reduced to banter threads, which are fun but don't suit everyone.

I also think there may be some members on here who enjoy a "wind-up" thread, even when they protest differently. Otherwise why do they keep posting on them? Ignore and they disappear off the early pages and the WUM is left with egg on his/her face.

Merlin

Merlin Report 25 Aug 2013 13:26

Lynda, I think you were dreaming of "Utopia" :-D :-D Which is nigh on Impossible. :-( Welcome back Rose hope you,ve come back refreshed and with Sharpened Thorns. :-D :-D ;-)

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 25 Aug 2013 12:56

Will you never learn? John maybe you should ask your self why do people RR you so often? Maybe if you was to start posting things that are not to wind others up you might actully get a thread that might make as many hits/postings as you dream of. Just my view.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 25 Aug 2013 12:40

To whoever reported me, you have denied all these lovely people of the wonders of my wit till Tuesday morning. It was an absolutely stunning and totally unwummy reply to Lynda's excellent OP. My best reply since late on 23rd August on any thread.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Aug 2013 12:27

As you said Lynda a very strange dream. Wouldn't want it to get too bland (not that that is likely with John around), some controversial threads, if not personal and nasty, can be interesting reading.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 25 Aug 2013 11:46

~~~~ @ Lynda & Wend :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 25 Aug 2013 11:35

Ah, welcome back Rose - so good to see some real wit on here again :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 25 Aug 2013 11:27

I never saw what you wrote John, so it's unsaid to me :-D

Hello Rose, 'tis nice to see you :-D

Hayley, cheese and crackers me, no never ever, ever, but I am worried aboiut snakes though :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 25 Aug 2013 11:26

"Like" - Hayley and Rose :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 25 Aug 2013 11:26

Hayley. Snake and dreams sound very biblical. Would I perhaps be the fruit?

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 25 Aug 2013 11:24

It is Rose lol ~~~~ ( flashes ID card and confirms I have been reinstated, and on a bank holiday weekend too!)

xx

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 25 Aug 2013 11:22

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 Sue its Rose :-0

Lynda , dreams right up my street this one.........the thread you dreamt about is a symbol for a snake which is in fact a symbol for a worry which you was obviously thinking about when you polished off your last cheese and cracker ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 25 Aug 2013 11:19

Whoever is pretending to be Rose has reported me, Lynda. Glad you thought it slightly amusing, anyway. Took me ages to do that very witty retort to OP :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 25 Aug 2013 11:17

:-0 :-0 Rose??

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 25 Aug 2013 11:16

Christmas day Lynda? :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 25 Aug 2013 11:14

Oh dear John, whatever you said is now unsaid, nevermind :-D