General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotland!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Mar 2014 19:43

It was the Scotland/Wales rugby International weekend in Edinburgh and as the crowds made their way down Princes Street towards Murrayfield, a Rottweiler suddenly lunged towards a wee eight year old Scottish lassie, with its jaws wide open ready to attack. The crowd nearby gasped in horror but, quick as a flash, a man in red jumped out of the crowd, grabbed the dog by the throat and throttled it.As the dead dog lay there, and the crowd cheered in admiration,

a journalist from the Glasgow Herald who had witnessed the heroic deed, went up to the man and said, 'That was brilliant, I can see the headline now - 'Welsh Rugby Fan Saves Young Girl From Certain Death'.

The man replied, 'No you've got it wrong. I'm not here for the rugby!''

Don't worry' said the journalist, 'I can see the headline now ?'Welshman Saves Girl From Jaws Of Rottweiler'.The man replied, 'No you're wrong again. I'm not Welsh; I'm from London.'

The journalist said, 'Don't worry; I can see the headline now ?

'English B*****d Strangles Family Pet'...

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Mar 2014 19:45

Be careful - that was reported last time.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 20 Mar 2014 19:46

ROFL :-D :-D :-D :-D

Robert

Robert Report 21 Mar 2014 13:30

Good joke.

I( am a Scotsman living in England and have no complaint nor have any of my English friends.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Mar 2014 14:38

thanks Robert - I'm Welsh but have no problem with people taking the rise out of us - just laugh!!!

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 21 Mar 2014 15:58

Love it :-D :-D :-D

I'm a Scot born and bred, the only Englishmen that I don't like sit round a big table in a side street of Whitehall ;-)