General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fartown grange childrens home huddersfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suz

Suz Report 26 Mar 2014 09:50

Hi to Lesley Izzard if you get this - I was in the home around that time, possibly a couple of years before and I am trying to get information through the local paper as all the archives have been destroyed.

love from Suz - now in East Sussex

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Mar 2014 10:03

welcome to the boards Suz

you appear to be responding to Lesley? if so, where has she posted - on this site?

Suz

Suz Report 26 Mar 2014 11:32

Hi Ann, yes on the site and she said to reply in the chat room and this said general chat! Im hoping someone might respond to the name of the home though. Lesley's post was quite old though 2007. Ive reposted it here:
hi there, i'm trying to find anyone who was at Fartown Grange childrens home in huddersfield in 1959ish. i'm desperate to find either children or staff or visiters as i know/remember nothing of my stay there. please post replies in the genes chat room

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Mar 2014 12:17

can I suggest you go back to her posting - I realise it's old, but she may still be a member - click on her name to send a message via GR - if she still has the same email address sh should get it - good luck!!!

Suz

Suz Report 26 Mar 2014 13:13

yes I already sent her a message in response to her post not sure if clicking on her name is different but ive now done that as well
thank you
Suz

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Mar 2014 13:31

you can tell if she opens the message by going to "Sent messages"

Suz

Suz Report 26 Mar 2014 14:05

:-)