General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For all those who follow cycling events

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 27 Mar 2014 12:41

On Monday 7 July, Stage 3 of the Tour de France, will start in Cambridge and travel through north, east and central London, passing along the Thames and finishing late afternoon on The Mall. For a detailed map of the route, visit tfl.gov.uk/tourdefrance

On Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 August, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling takes place across London and Surrey. On the Sunday, the ‘Classic’ and ‘100’ events start at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford and go via the City of London, west London, through Surrey and back through west London finishing on The Mall.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Mar 2014 12:56

I'm planning to watch the second stage although there has been a rather large shortfall in the planning costs.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 27 Mar 2014 19:09

MY OH LOVE WATCHING THE TOUR DE FRANCE AND ALL OTHERS,
AT LEAST ON TV HE SEES IT ALL,IF YOU GO TO WATCH
FROM A VANTAGE POINT ONCE THEY PASS BY THERE GONE
AND YOU GOT TO TRY TO GET HOME,HE WATCHES FROM HIS
VANTAGE POINT,

THE SOFA

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Mar 2014 19:18

aha but it is the atmosphere - the book Maillot Jaune had a lasting impression on me from when I was a child.

I can only describe it as being akin to downhill skiing