General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amazing!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wend

Wend Report 2 Apr 2014 11:24

Cockpit view Landing through thick cloud
Sound On and Full Screen

Known as the land of the long white cloud, so if you fly into NZ you could well encounter this scenario.
Hold on to your seat.

This is spectacular. I often have wondered why the airline industry doesn't have a live video feed from the aircraft's nose streamed into the cabin in order to amuse and bedazzle their weary travellers. This is the descent into Queenstown , New Zealand . It must take great faith in your instruments to pilot an approach like this but the rush must be amazing.
http://www.chonday.com/Videos/pilotnewzdalnd1

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 2 Apr 2014 11:36

Spectacular indeed :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2014 11:37

Amazing !!!! :-0 :-D :-D

Linda

Linda Report 2 Apr 2014 12:16

I was on that plane :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 2 Apr 2014 12:21

I'm glad I wasn't on that plane :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 12:49

Wonderful, makes you realise how much responsibility is in a pilot's hand. I really respect them for the job they do.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 2 Apr 2014 21:55

Puts a whole new perspective on landing with a front view instead of side, would be amazing to actually see the landing as it was happening, could be a little bit frightening though. Well done to the pilots.

Annina

Annina Report 3 Apr 2014 11:45

Truly heart stopping!!!