General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RUGBY HOWLER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 3 Apr 2014 23:06

Rugby fans will enjoy this HOWLER of a mistake by the Japanese 7 a side Team.

It's near the end of this YouTube Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QdsFf2c5Kk

To see it at it's best use full screen

HOW'S THAT FOR A "HI MUM" MOMENT :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 3 Apr 2014 23:34

hahaha

How Embarrassing!!

Cousins of mine have played in the 7s......... and I've heard some stories.... those boys know how to party! :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Apr 2014 10:52

I bet they did! I witnessed many a "party" when my brother played rugby!

Glad you found it funny LadyScozz :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 4 Apr 2014 12:49

Ah butterfingers can happen to nearly anybody.

The standard of rugby 7s out east looks not bad at all and very entertaining, thanks for the clip. More entertaining than Scotland v Italy that's for sure.

Rugby is an infinitely better game for school children than soccer and should be encouraged. Why is it better ?

If you watch soccer even at the highest level most teams have half the side hanging around watching most of the time - it gets worse and worse with lower levels so that school soccer tends to be dominated by a few players and the rest just get bored and fed up. Rugby7s demand that all the players play all the time.

It is fairly difficult to control a football, pass it and so on. That is why those few who are really good at it get paid a lot. At the school level most people find it impossible and opt out. With 7s only the kicker needs to be good at that while the oval ball is purpose made to be grabbed ( or dropped on the try line lol).

Rugyb7s is good for girls too.

Playing sport at school keeps people fit and develops self confidence.
Volleyball is also a great schools choice.

:-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 4 Apr 2014 15:13

Got the tee-shirt :-)
Shaun

Persephone

Persephone Report 2 Jun 2014 00:01

Rugby Sevens is practically an institution in Wellington NZ.. nearly everyone wears fancy dress and they really do party.

My daughter lives in Wellington and they would always go to them until the birth of their little bloke three years ago.

Got some mad photos of them all having a great time.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Jun 2014 00:06

I love Rugby Perse.

The village I grew up in was very Rugby oriented then. My brother played for many years
I have a picture of him when he played Rugby with a young Jonathan Davies, who played both Rugby Union at National level, and League. He is now a well known Rugby Commentator, Presenter and Chat Show Host! :-) :-)