General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have just discovered that

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 Apr 2014 17:17

Easter is just 10 days away. Ooops!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Apr 2014 17:41

NOOOOOOO (screaming emoticon!!)

Linda

Linda Report 8 Apr 2014 17:46

Yes the schools broke up last Friday they go back the day after easter Monday, where has this year gone

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Apr 2014 18:07

supermarkets have a lot to answer for - selling hot cross buns all year round :-D

Linda

Linda Report 8 Apr 2014 22:22

And Easter Eggs as soon has Christmas is over AnnCardiff

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 Apr 2014 22:43

Ann and Linda - OH was saying the same thing when I complained about Easter being so soon.

As a child only saw Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday when we had them for breakfast - great treat.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Apr 2014 02:49

I've known for weeks........ because of OH's golf bookings.

HoHum........ I think I'll be spending 4 days by myself, eating chocolate eggs :-D

I must stock up on Hot Cross Buns & put them in the freezer.... I enjoy them more when the weather is cooler (autumn here).