General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Remembering a lovely lady

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 9 Apr 2014 20:58

Feeling very sad this morning on hearing the news that a lovely lady whom I met when in the UK in 2012 has passed away.

This dear lady was in fact a second cousin to me, she was in her mid 80's when we met, we found each other through my family research.

She was a most amazing lady, she had some tough times in her early life but rose above it and led a happy life.

I am sorry we only had the chance to meet the once, we stayed with her for two nights and I can honestly say she left a wonderful impression with both myself and OH.

RIP dear Madeleine, <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Apr 2014 21:12

Sorry to hear your sad news Susan, but how lovely that you had a chance to meet even though you lived so far apart.
It's lovely when you can get on so well with family members found through research.

May she rest in peace.

Gwyn

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 9 Apr 2014 22:49

Dear Susan

Hello

I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin.

May you and your husband be consoled by the happiness you had when you met her.

Take very gentle care
Sincere wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 9 Apr 2014 23:45

Thank you Gwyn and Elizabeth.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 10 Apr 2014 20:38

Sue is that really you, daughter of Frank and Marjorie, I await with baited breath. Elaine.

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Apr 2014 20:42

Susan <3