General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bt e.mail

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 10 Apr 2014 21:42

Help!!! On monday i sent an e.mail, all ok, Tue. i was unable to get my e.mail page. Wed, BT said they had a temporary fault & it was being fixed. Thur, BT said the fault has been fixed, but. i still havn't got my e.mail page back. Has anybody else got this problem? Or can anybody tell me how to get my e.mail page back. Many thanks. Malc.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 00:10

The log-in page

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

which also says
BT Yahoo Email log in problem

You may have experienced problems logging into BT Yahoo Mail from BT.com. Yahoo have now fixed this.
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. If you continue to experience a problem, please clear your browser cache and try again.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache as they suggest??

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 11 Apr 2014 12:30

Thanks DetEcTive, Tried clearing brower cache, still no e.mail page. Tried the log-inpage, Again, that just gives me a blank page. I've .mailed BT from their help page, but no reply. Malc.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 12:45

If you can't get into your email.......????

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 12:50

Perhaps someone can find a phone number for you.

In the mean time, the BT site says
Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail
Many problems that happen in Yahoo Mail can be easily fixed by making changes to your web browser or other programs' settings. Our suggestions should get you up and running again.

First steps

Make sure you're using a supported browser.
- Yahoo Mail may not work properly in older browsers.
Try using a different, supported browser.
- Say you're having problems in Internet Explorer, try accessing Yahoo Mail in Firefox or Chrome to see if it helps.
Next steps
If our first steps didn't fix your problem, don't worry. The steps below should get things working again. Sign in to Yahoo Mail after trying each set of steps to see if they helped.

+Addressing cache, cookies, and JavaScript
+Checking add-ons and Flash
+Disabling security software
+Still having problems?
The steps above should fix the following browser-related problems in Yahoo Mail:

Missing or malfunctioning buttons pull-down menus, edge scroll bars, and text fields.
Unable to insert, add, or edit contacts in the "To" field or Contacts list.
Unable to send, forward, or reply to an email message.
Unable to attach or download files.
Mail is blank or freezes, performs slowly, or its folders and messages do not appear.
If you're still having problems, it might indicate an issue with your computer.

We suggest the following:

Restart your computer.
Try using your Yahoo Mail from another computer
- This eliminates your computer as a cause of the problem.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 12:52

How about this number??

Call us
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The best time to call is
between 12 noon and 4pm.
Please make sure you're at your computer when you call.
From a landline: 0800 111 4567
From a mobile: 0330 123 4567*
From abroad: +44 179 359 6931**

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 11 Apr 2014 16:52

Many thanks for your help. Since my last message at 12.30 i had to go out. Just got back, switched on the computer.... well supprise... my e.mail is back on. Malc.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 19:08

Brilliant news! :-D