General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

charges

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bonnybreeze

bonnybreeze Report 20 Apr 2014 16:39

hi can anyone tell me why i am charged 5 credits to view files that i have already paid 15 credits to view and save?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 17:08

Unfortunately files/records purchased with credits have a shelf life,

30 days if you bought 50 credits
90 days if you bought 200 credits.

If you originally purchased them with in the last 30 or 90 days, you might want to contact GR to discuss the situation. They probably won't respond until Tuesday at the earliest.
Next time you use credits, save the record to your computer then upload to your Keepsafe.

[email protected]

Don't forget that familysearch and other non-subscription sites such as freeBMD and FreeREG hold BMD, 1881 census & other transcribed records

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 21 Apr 2014 11:28

When I first started out I was buying credits and then I realised that in the long term subs would work out far more cost effective.

It may be worth your while to look at all the genealogy sites, take up their 14 day free trial (remembering to cancel after about 12 days) to see which suites your research.

I had subs to both Ancestry & FMP. Ancestry was the best for me as I had family in both London and Liverpool and the records for both were on there, FMP for the printouts and ease of use for searching census. Cancelled FMP since the 'upgrade' which has in my and many others opinions become a nightmare to use.

And as said there are plenty of FREE research tools around.