General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

eleanor holmes (nee carver)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Jul 2014 22:40

I have found a relative on my family tree who I know to be one of mine but cannot place a request to the relatives......I do know this one is my grandfathers sister. anyone tell me how to get in touch if it says 'must put recepients address'.....I only know the names of the descendants and not who's tree it belongs to!!! So annoying as I have looked for these some 10years ago, rejoined Genes reunited but cannnot contact!!! The names on the tree for Eleanor Homes (Carver) are Dorothy 1937, Robert 1934, William 1930 and others. :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jul 2014 22:56

Not quite sure what you mean Margaret.

If you go to "search" at the top of the screen (with a magnifying glass next to it), click on that and then click on "search all member trees" and put in Eleanor's name in the search box, you will find there are a few people with Eleanor Carver born 1874 in Nottingham in their trees. You can click on the "find out more" box and send a message direct to any of these people.

Kath. x

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2014 11:17

Thank you for your reply, Kathleen.....it still doesn't seem to get me very far!!! I've typed in both Eleanor Holmes and Eleanor Carver (her maiden name) but no results...yet the Family tree on Genes gives 7 new names I'd not gathered so someone must have added them!!! Just need to keep on searching to find out WHO!!! Just need to find a Eleanor Holems/Carver out there somewhere!!! But thank you for your assistance. Genes format seems to have altered somewhat since I last used it so have to "re adapt" my searches!!! Amany thanks anyway Good luck with whatever you are searching for!!! kind regards Margaret x :-S

Thelma

Thelma Report 27 Jul 2014 11:28

Five trees on Ancestry or Mundia.com

Public Member Tree
Eleanor Sarah Carver

Birth: 29th September 1874 (29 Sep 1874) - Nottinghamshire, England
Death: Mar 1954 - Northumberland, England
Marriage: 25 Jan 1894 - Nottingham (Nottinghamshire)
Spouse: William Henry Holmes
F: John Carver

M: Elizabeth Ellen Blore

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 27 Jul 2014 11:35

Sorry Margaret I'm a bit bewildered by what you are saying.

Have just gone to Search and then Search All Members Trees and put in Eleanor Carver, only put the name in and there are 50 entries.

If one is yours just go to the right hand side and hit on the Find Out More sign then you'll have the link to the tree's owner.

:-)

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2014 12:10

Thank you for your help PatinCyprus...I had searched that particular area and always got "no matches for Eleanor" so left out the date and the area....got a result!!! So have sent a message to the tree owner!!! I could find her name in the tree but needed to find the owner to contact for further details.....we shall see what becomes!!! kind regards Margaret :-)