General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It´s all change in my house again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Aug 2014 17:49

After having the nephew and friends for 2 weeks and hair pull out. Actually at the time it was more like I don´t care what you do just don´t expect me to bail you out. It was just grrr after. Then I had baby sis in law (the mum) 2 days later for a flying 5 day visit. Now that was very much just me and her with lots of tena moments and a good bonding session. The night before sis in law went home the adorable niece arrived. She is here for 3 weeks the 1st part alone and then next friday we pick her friend up.
What a difference she is from her brother. Last year we arranged for her to get her PADI certificate and to keep that she needs to make another dive with-in the year (we have done that already). Last year aged 14 she had some idea what she wanted to do in life, after the dives she declared she wants to be a marine biologist. (hence the need to keep her dives up to date) so much so that she has already decided her subjects for A level, knows the grades she needs in both GCSE´s to take the A´s and the grades she needs in the A´s to go to the Uni of her choice in Holland.
Here´s where the difference is between siblings... Niece realised that last year her mask problem was borrowing one all the time so this year she announced she was going to buy her own. Now I didn´t want her buying a cheap mask, nor did I want her using all her pocket money on a mask so I told her to put it on Uncle T´s bill. The answer was I have money I can pay, thank you. Yes we paid after all I got her into this milarky it´s the least I can do :-D.
This year niece and friend want to be independent to a certain extent and cook for themselves ...this I can cope with as niece is a veggie and a picky eater. No arguments there from me at all. So apart from occasionally raiding the flat and picking clothes up to wash and a quick tidy up, I can happily leave upstairs to it´s self.
BLISS :-D and I know if I hear the gate after midnight we have a prowler :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

3 down 2 to go that´s family members put into visits 3 down 5 to go off the family.members.